Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Watching the SECCG on DVR due to unavoidable conflict...anyone else?

My wife works every Saturday until 4:00ish, so I routinely have to DVR and watch the game late. It's not too bad, especially since we can skip through the commercials and such. The worst part is that I have to stay away from the TV until wifey gets home and let my friends and family know to not text me score updates during the game.

Curious - are you trying to NOT know the outcome of the game before you watch it? I mean, if you knew beforehand that we lost, you probably wouldn't bother watching it, so I assume you will try to stay in the dark. That could be tough at the parade since I assume lots of folks will already know the outcome of the game.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team TideFanAthensGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Watching the SECCG on DVR due to unavoidable conflict...anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by jangalang View Post
    I moved my school's basketball games up 3 hours, so there's no possibility of missing a second of the SECCG.
    Trust me, if I were in anyway in charge of scheduling, this would not be problem! I have already expressed my dislike for this to the parade coordinator.

I could watch it on my phone, but I really want to be able to sit at home and watch the whole thing. I guess the positive side of this is that I can fast forward through the plethora of commercials that CBS will air!

BamaNation Second Team TideFanAthensGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Watching the SECCG on DVR due to unavoidable conflict...anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerjess View Post
    My wife works every Saturday until 4:00ish, so I routinely have to DVR and watch the game late. It's not too bad, especially since we can skip through the commercials and such. The worst part is that I have to stay away from the TV until wifey gets home and let my friends and family know to not text me score updates during the game.

Curious - are you trying to NOT know the outcome of the game before you watch it? I mean, if you knew beforehand that we lost, you probably wouldn't bother watching it, so I assume you will try to stay in the dark. That could be tough at the parade since I assume lots of folks will already know the outcome of the game.
    I would prefer not to know the outcome. Luckily, the parade is a short one...will be over right before halftime. I will probably get home around the beginning of 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by TideFanAthensGA View Post
    I could watch it on my phone, but I really want to be able to sit at home and watch the whole thing. I guess the positive side of this is that I can fast forward through the plethora of commercials that CBS will air!
    You're a "half glass full" kind of person!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I will have to watch the game on DVR later Saturday evening. The town I teach in has their local Christmas parade that evening at 5:30. Since I direct one of the two bands in town, we are pretty much obligated to be in the parade. Anyone else have a situation where they will be delayed in watching the game? Just curious.....
    I'm actually in the exact same boat with you. I'm a band director and we have a X-mas parade that day. Got to be there at 5:30, parade probably won't start til 6:15 or later. It's like this every year though. Always seems to be on SECCG day. I remember in 2008 when I had to leave at halftime and by the time we got to the end of the parade, some of my students (fl fans) were informing me that Florida had already won the game... Of course, we ended up with the last laugh in 2009...

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I am in Disney World with my family, so will probably miss the entire game.

Funny anecdote - last night at Hollywood Studios, an Alabama family was put up in front of the crowd before the Fantasmic show for a trivia game. After the game was over, just as they were turning down the lights for the show, the eldest woman in the Alabama family pulled over the microphone and gave the whole crowd a "Roll Tide". Alabama fans well represented (as are my Buckeye fans) in Disney this week.

Are you going to be down there till the 6th? The football awards is that day, it would be fun to witness.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Second Team

I'll be working all day. Going to be streaming the game though so I can watch the game when not helping a customer.. Then rushing home to watch the game in its entirety.. So thankful for a DVR!

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I'm usually able to get off. However, as I'm returning from a 12-day vacation on Wednesday, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say getting a replacement will be impossible.

Should have scheduled that as a 16 day vacation. lol

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

I work on Saturdays, but thankfully my office has cable and a handful of other Alabama fans.

I will have to watch the game on DVR later Saturday evening. The town I teach in has their local Christmas parade that evening at 5:30. Since I direct one of the two bands in town, we are pretty much obligated to be in the parade. Anyone else have a situation where they will be delayed in watching the game? Just curious.....
    Yep. Pretty much the same scenario for me. My daughter is in the Prattville Christmas Parade that day at 4:30.
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Are you going to be down there till the 6th? The football awards is that day, it would be fun to witness.
    No, I leave on Sunday.

No, but I DID have to do it for last year's national championship!! We were supposed to be back from vacation the day before, but due to fog and then thunderstorms/tornadoes, we didnt make it back until halfway through the game. Thank goodness you can tell Tivo to record remotely!!

BamaNation All-American PacadermaTideUs's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Yep. Working or traveling to/from work from 12:00 pm to 10:30 pm. Then I have to leave for work at 7:00 am on Sunday. So I won't be watching the game until Sunday night.