Watching the SECCG on DVR due to unavoidable conflict...anyone else?

TideFanAthensGA

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011
Athens, GA
I will have to watch the game on DVR later Saturday evening. The town I teach in has their local Christmas parade that evening at 5:30. Since I direct one of the two bands in town, we are pretty much obligated to be in the parade. Anyone else have a situation where they will be delayed in watching the game? Just curious.....

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Sounds like you need a new profession. Kidding, kidding. :)

But seriously nope, I will be watching this game live as it happens. No way I miss this one live. I couldn't muster it. I work Saturday's, but only till 12 so I will be able to get home and take care of the cooking, etc. before the game.

TideFanAthensGA

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011
Athens, GA
Well, the High School band director is a UGA grad. I teach at the middle school. Needless to say, we are both not happy about the timing of the parade.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Timing of events in the South should always be handled with college football in mind. The Christmas parade would just have to go on without me. If I am that important, they should work around my schedule ;)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
CBS will be streaming the video -- I'd watch it on the phone!

I watched the A&M Game on the Ipad in a High School Auditorium ......you do what you gotta do!

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Well, 4:15 will be about the time the cruise ship will call for the life boat drill, so I'll be on the phone for a few minutes....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm usually able to get off. However, as I'm returning from a 12-day vacation on Wednesday, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say getting a replacement will be impossible.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am in Disney World with my family, so will probably miss the entire game.

Funny anecdote - last night at Hollywood Studios, an Alabama family was put up in front of the crowd before the Fantasmic show for a trivia game. After the game was over, just as they were turning down the lights for the show, the eldest woman in the Alabama family pulled over the microphone and gave the whole crowd a "Roll Tide". Alabama fans well represented (as are my Buckeye fans) in Disney this week.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
My wife works every Saturday until 4:00ish, so I routinely have to DVR and watch the game late. It's not too bad, especially since we can skip through the commercials and such. The worst part is that I have to stay away from the TV until wifey gets home and let my friends and family know to not text me score updates during the game.

Curious - are you trying to NOT know the outcome of the game before you watch it? I mean, if you knew beforehand that we lost, you probably wouldn't bother watching it, so I assume you will try to stay in the dark. That could be tough at the parade since I assume lots of folks will already know the outcome of the game.

TideFanAthensGA

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011
Athens, GA
I moved my school's basketball games up 3 hours, so there's no possibility of missing a second of the SECCG.
Trust me, if I were in anyway in charge of scheduling, this would not be problem! I have already expressed my dislike for this to the parade coordinator.

I could watch it on my phone, but I really want to be able to sit at home and watch the whole thing. I guess the positive side of this is that I can fast forward through the plethora of commercials that CBS will air!

TideFanAthensGA

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011
Athens, GA
My wife works every Saturday until 4:00ish, so I routinely have to DVR and watch the game late. It's not too bad, especially since we can skip through the commercials and such. The worst part is that I have to stay away from the TV until wifey gets home and let my friends and family know to not text me score updates during the game.

Curious - are you trying to NOT know the outcome of the game before you watch it? I mean, if you knew beforehand that we lost, you probably wouldn't bother watching it, so I assume you will try to stay in the dark. That could be tough at the parade since I assume lots of folks will already know the outcome of the game.
I would prefer not to know the outcome. Luckily, the parade is a short one...will be over right before halftime. I will probably get home around the beginning of 4th quarter.

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA
I will have to watch the game on DVR later Saturday evening. The town I teach in has their local Christmas parade that evening at 5:30. Since I direct one of the two bands in town, we are pretty much obligated to be in the parade. Anyone else have a situation where they will be delayed in watching the game? Just curious.....
I'm actually in the exact same boat with you. I'm a band director and we have a X-mas parade that day. Got to be there at 5:30, parade probably won't start til 6:15 or later. It's like this every year though. Always seems to be on SECCG day. I remember in 2008 when I had to leave at halftime and by the time we got to the end of the parade, some of my students (fl fans) were informing me that Florida had already won the game... Of course, we ended up with the last laugh in 2009...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I am in Disney World with my family, so will probably miss the entire game.

Funny anecdote - last night at Hollywood Studios, an Alabama family was put up in front of the crowd before the Fantasmic show for a trivia game. After the game was over, just as they were turning down the lights for the show, the eldest woman in the Alabama family pulled over the microphone and gave the whole crowd a "Roll Tide". Alabama fans well represented (as are my Buckeye fans) in Disney this week.

Are you going to be down there till the 6th? The football awards is that day, it would be fun to witness.

beachbum94

Scout Team
Feb 27, 2012
Joplin, MO
I'll be working all day. Going to be streaming the game though so I can watch the game when not helping a customer.. Then rushing home to watch the game in its entirety.. So thankful for a DVR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.