"Muschamp would take Bama's spot in SEC title game"

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bazza, I think he's saying that in a playoff, another team that played cupcakes and went undefeated should not get in over Florida who played a tougher schedule but had 1 loss.
I think you're right....after re-reading it that appears to be what he was saying....I guess that cupcake thing gets a little old after a while. :rolleyes:

Thanks Engineer!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I don't have a link, but I have heard that the playoff committee would pick the top 4 teams with an emphasis on conference champions. What does that mean? I guess we will see.
I have avoided this thread, I thought it would go away. Tim Brando devoted an entire show to what Nick said never missing a chance to put Bama down. enough for me to not respond.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
I don't have a link, but I have heard that the playoff committee would pick the top 4 teams with an emphasis on conference champions. What does that mean? I guess we will see.
I have avoided this thread, I thought it would go away. Tim Brando devoted an entire show to this very thing, enough for me to not respond.
I think that means that if the rankings looked like this:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. LSU
4. T&M
5. UGA
6. Arkansas
7. Miss St
8. Ole Miss
9. Tenesee
10. Oregon

Then only the SEC Champ would make it into the play off so you'd have #1 vs #10-13 more than likely

at least thats my take on it ( and yes I did it like that to prove a point)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Audio:

I want to fully understand what you are saying about Florida's schedule this year.

Are you saying we had a weak schedule - because not every opponent measured up to a particular standard?
No, suggesting that you would get the nod over, say, Boise State with their perennial cupcake scheduling. A one-loss SEC team should always get the nod over a undefeated cupcake team.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think that means that if the rankings looked like this:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. LSU
4. T&M
5. UGA
6. Arkansas
7. Miss St
8. Ole Miss
9. Tenesee
10. Oregon

Then only the SEC Champ would make it into the play off so you'd have #1 vs #10-13 more than likely

at least thats my take on it ( and yes I did it like that to prove a point)
I think only 2 of those teams get in. that is why a 4 team playoff will not work. this is off topic,BTW

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The more I look at the articles from the last month, I realize I had the playoff format wrong. I was thinking about the bowl selection, not the team selection.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
No, suggesting that you would get the nod over, say, Boise State with their perennial cupcake scheduling. A one-loss SEC team should always get the nod over a undefeated cupcake team.
Thanks - I misunderstood your comment, Audio...sorry my mistake!

Strength of schedule should always be included as determining criteria along with W-L records.

Along those same lines...it always bugs me when player (or team) stats are given without consideration of strength of schedule. An ACC QB's stats are not on par with those of an SEC QB, for example. It almost seems like an * should be put next to stats coming from a conference other than the SEC. I hope that doesn't sound too biased!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.