Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

I think the scenarios that come to mind for me, have been covered.

Blake Sims could be involved in something, be it wildcat or letting him come in for some sort of trick play. He's been getting a lot of on field time and for some reason I don't think that only had to do with his being the backup QB. They seemed to want him to get a lot of reps...

Chris Black is obviously an interesting aspect. This could all be a bluff, however, if we see anything from him it will be new.

Jesse Williams is also interesting. I doubt we plan anything, but I'd like to think that everyone has rethought their 4th and goal approach. Hopefully the team has thought up a way to punch the ball in if they have to and he could be integral to that.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    I think the scenarios that come to mind for me, have been covered.

Blake Sims could be involved in something, be it wildcat or letting him come in for some sort of trick play. He's been getting a lot of on field time and for some reason I don't think that only had to do with his being the backup QB. They seemed to want him to get a lot of reps...

Chris Black is obviously an interesting aspect. This could all be a bluff, however, if we see anything from him it will be new.

Jesse Williams is also interesting. I doubt we plan anything, but I'd like to think that everyone has rethought their 4th and goal approach. Hopefully the team has thought up a way to punch the ball in if they have to and he could be integral to that.

Anything involving Sims, Lacy, Williams, and Yeldon on the field at the same time sounds good to me

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The thing about Black is that he's going to be asked to duplicate a roll White and Bell filled, so by gameplanning for what we do out of certain looks...Georgia will be prepared in theory. Seeing the drill videos on al.com, he's practicing no lower than fifth behind Cyrus and Christion Jones. So barring a gameplan where we play 3 TE most of the game over our typical 3 WR looks, I expect Black is going to get a share of snaps this weekend. It would be great if he could just execute those drag/cross/mesh (whatever you want to call them) plays and run a smooth deep route. That was really the bulk of what Bell and White was doing within the offense anyway. One thing I do expect when Black sees the field is a screen pass to get him in the flow. We did that a lot with Cooper early and Cyrus Jones too when he sees the field.

As for Blake, with the one wildcat snap in the Tennessee game outstanding, I doubt there is a plan for him to get wildcat snaps. Most teams are probably alerted on the snaps when he is on the field to go to a zone read anticipating defense. He's seen enough time as a backup that they know what to expect when he's out there. I'd hope we'd decline a chance to do another Maze to Williams from the November 5, 2011 LSU game. The possibility we may bring him out there to do a jet sweep hand off that is pitched back to McCarron is pretty reasonable though. I truly think that his one first-string snap at wildcat was really just an attempt to make defensive coordinators waste time on the possibility of Sims at quarterback for a few minutes each practice or in the film room.

I like the Wildcat when you can do it from standard personnel groupings...anything with two QBs on the field is an alert on trick play possibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by im4datide View Post
    How about some wildcat with AJ on the field with Sims @ QB...is he going to run or throw?
    I know we are short on receivers, but still.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapeHorn View Post
    I see both teams running no huddle on an occasion throughout the game. Especially after a big play while their defense is on their heels a bit.
    Gary Danielson believes Bama will unveil a no huddle , up tempo Power running game.
    to 16 and beyond........

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Apprehensive on TideFans.com

I think we trow to the tight ends more than we have been doing.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    I think we trow to the tight ends more than we have been doing.
    That paid huge dividends against LSU. Double TE formation with one RB.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

Post Thanks / Like

Alabama runs the ball four times from the six to score.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Gary Danielson believes Bama will unveil a no huddle , up tempo Power running game.
    After seeing us run that a bit against the barn, I'd not be surprised.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Sims has become our primary #2 qb this probably is not going to happen, but I wish we would occasionally bring him in as a running back (not too shabby at that) and give him a run here and there. That would set up a great opportunity to work in a half-back pass on occasion.

It's just my "back yard football" mentality, but I like stuff like that!

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    After seeing us run that a bit against the barn, I'd not be surprised.
    Yes, I look for this against GA and ND if we get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I would really like to see that fake FG we ran against Arkansas in 2011 - that was a thing of beauty.

BamaNation Second Team Born2Roll's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Speaking for Bama:

Offense: Maybe some no huddle, spread early to take Georgia out of their base D (especially if we receive). This may be why Saban is considering playing Chris Black.

Defense: I expect a different DB combo in nickel and dime situations.

Special Teams: I think we may run a fake on special teams. If I remember right, we haven't ran a designed fake this year.
    "There's a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success." -- Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant