Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

I think we see alot of power football. Georgia has not done a great job against the run this year, and this is by far the best Oline they have faced. I could see a toss back pass like we have run in the past with success. If the safeties and linebackers begin to cheat forward it is a no brainer to try and take advantage of that. Even an incomplete pass or having to check it down would keep defense honest.

2. Advertisement

I think we should run some quick tempo to confuse Georgia's defense and because they don't have the depth that Bama has. Georgia played great in the first half against LSU last year, but ran out of gas in the fourth quarter. Maybe, we will see Jesse Williams in the backfield pass blocking for AJ on key passing downs. I also would like to see Sims come in and run some option plays, but then try to burn Georgia deep.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Chris Black.
    I would love to see the first play. Play action pass with cooper on one side, and Black on the other side, and AJ hit the one that is left open.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

Victory formation with 40 seconds to go!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC

Do we have a WR that can throw the ball? Maze was our passing WR the last few years. Can Cyrus or Christion Jones throw the ball?
    I expect maybe an early onside kick if we find our selves down early or unable to slow down Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    Do we have a WR that can throw the ball? Maze was our passing WR the last few years. Can Cyrus or Christion Jones throw the ball?
    I expect maybe an early onside kick if we find our selves down early or unable to slow down Murray.
    An early onside kick would only mean we are in deep trouble.

The most uncharacteristic thing I ever remember seeing CNS do is the fake punt in the BCS game early against Texas. Still can't believe he tried that one.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    An early onside kick would only mean we are in deep trouble.

The most uncharacteristic thing I ever remember seeing CNS do is the fake punt in the BCS game early against Texas. Still can't believe he tried that one.
    TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- With a game-opening onside kick to get things rolling and a John Parker Wilson-to-DJ Hall connection that never stopped, Alabama picked a fine time for its best game of the season.

The Crimson Tide's 41-17 victory over Tennessee (No. 21 BCS, No. 20 AP) Saturday turned into a rollicking debut for coach Nick Saban in the intense border rivalry that had been dominated lately by the Volunteers.
    This wasn't the first time Saban has started a big game with the onside kick.

"We played Auburn at LSU once and I started the game out that way and the same thing happened," said Saban, a former LSU coach. "I think it was a tremendous momentum-getter for us."
    It would mean Georgia's not being careful.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think Uga might have a few new wrinkles on his face. Not sure, though.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westide View Post
    I think we should run some quick tempo to confuse Georgia's defense and because they don't have the depth that Bama has. Georgia played great in the first half against LSU last year, but ran out of gas in the fourth quarter. Maybe, we will see Jesse Williams in the backfield pass blocking for AJ on key passing downs. I also would like to see Sims come in and run some option plays, but then try to burn Georgia deep.
    I don't think we want to see Jesse trying to pass block. Being a road grader is one thing, but pass-blocking requires quite a long time to become proficient...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I don't think we want to see Jesse trying to pass block. Being a road grader is one thing, but pass-blocking requires quite a long time to become proficient...
    Anybody can hold :P
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

It would mean Georgia's not being careful.
    Just can't see us taking a risk like that in a game like this no matter what because if it fails Murray is set up around midfield. If we are having to kick on side kicks early then we have had a quarter so bad it makes the first quarter against TAMU look good.

My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Just can't see us taking a risk like that in a game like this no matter what because if it fails Murray is set up around midfield. If we are having to kick on side kicks early then we have had a quarter so bad it makes the first quarter against TAMU look good.
    It's not about "having" to kick onside kicks. It's about taking opportunities that are presented. If Georgia is playing normally, those opportunities won't be there. If they are going to give Saban a gift, then he's going to take it.

It's not about "having" to kick onside kicks. It's about taking opportunities that are presented. If Georgia is playing normally, those opportunities won't be there. If they are going to give Saban a gift, then he's going to take it.
    I hear ya, but it would still be a huge gamble even if they were being sloppy on kick-off coverage.

Now, a half-back pass on first down that fails is more than likely 2 and 10.