Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 40
  1. #27
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Okeechobee, FL
    Posts
    241

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    I think we see alot of power football. Georgia has not done a great job against the run this year, and this is by far the best Oline they have faced. I could see a toss back pass like we have run in the past with success. If the safeties and linebackers begin to cheat forward it is a no brainer to try and take advantage of that. Even an incomplete pass or having to check it down would keep defense honest.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #28

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    I think we should run some quick tempo to confuse Georgia's defense and because they don't have the depth that Bama has. Georgia played great in the first half against LSU last year, but ran out of gas in the fourth quarter. Maybe, we will see Jesse Williams in the backfield pass blocking for AJ on key passing downs. I also would like to see Sims come in and run some option plays, but then try to burn Georgia deep.

  4. #29
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    739

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Chris Black.
    I would love to see the first play. Play action pass with cooper on one side, and Black on the other side, and AJ hit the one that is left open.

  5. #30
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    17,353
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

    What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    Victory formation with 40 seconds to go!
    ROLL TIDE!

  6. #31
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Huntsville
    Posts
    1,967

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    Do we have a WR that can throw the ball? Maze was our passing WR the last few years. Can Cyrus or Christion Jones throw the ball?
    I expect maybe an early onside kick if we find our selves down early or unable to slow down Murray.

  7. #32

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    Do we have a WR that can throw the ball? Maze was our passing WR the last few years. Can Cyrus or Christion Jones throw the ball?
    I expect maybe an early onside kick if we find our selves down early or unable to slow down Murray.
    An early onside kick would only mean we are in deep trouble.

    The most uncharacteristic thing I ever remember seeing CNS do is the fake punt in the BCS game early against Texas. Still can't believe he tried that one.

  8. #33
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    15,006
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    An early onside kick would only mean we are in deep trouble.

    The most uncharacteristic thing I ever remember seeing CNS do is the fake punt in the BCS game early against Texas. Still can't believe he tried that one.
    TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- With a game-opening onside kick to get things rolling and a John Parker Wilson-to-DJ Hall connection that never stopped, Alabama picked a fine time for its best game of the season.

    The Crimson Tide's 41-17 victory over Tennessee (No. 21 BCS, No. 20 AP) Saturday turned into a rollicking debut for coach Nick Saban in the intense border rivalry that had been dominated lately by the Volunteers.
    .
    .
    .
    This wasn't the first time Saban has started a big game with the onside kick.

    "We played Auburn at LSU once and I started the game out that way and the same thing happened," said Saban, a former LSU coach. "I think it was a tremendous momentum-getter for us."
    It would mean Georgia's not being careful.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

  9. #34
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    19,824
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    I think Uga might have a few new wrinkles on his face. Not sure, though.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

    Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

  10. #35
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    43,191

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    Quote Originally Posted by westide View Post
    I think we should run some quick tempo to confuse Georgia's defense and because they don't have the depth that Bama has. Georgia played great in the first half against LSU last year, but ran out of gas in the fourth quarter. Maybe, we will see Jesse Williams in the backfield pass blocking for AJ on key passing downs. I also would like to see Sims come in and run some option plays, but then try to burn Georgia deep.
    I don't think we want to see Jesse trying to pass block. Being a road grader is one thing, but pass-blocking requires quite a long time to become proficient...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

  11. #36
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    15,006
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I don't think we want to see Jesse trying to pass block. Being a road grader is one thing, but pass-blocking requires quite a long time to become proficient...
    Anybody can hold :P
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

  12. #37

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    It would mean Georgia's not being careful.
    Just can't see us taking a risk like that in a game like this no matter what because if it fails Murray is set up around midfield. If we are having to kick on side kicks early then we have had a quarter so bad it makes the first quarter against TAMU look good.

  13. #38
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    15,006
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Just can't see us taking a risk like that in a game like this no matter what because if it fails Murray is set up around midfield. If we are having to kick on side kicks early then we have had a quarter so bad it makes the first quarter against TAMU look good.
    It's not about "having" to kick onside kicks. It's about taking opportunities that are presented. If Georgia is playing normally, those opportunities won't be there. If they are going to give Saban a gift, then he's going to take it.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

  14. #39

    Re: What are some new wrinkles we may see in the SECCG? (from either side)

    Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    It's not about "having" to kick onside kicks. It's about taking opportunities that are presented. If Georgia is playing normally, those opportunities won't be there. If they are going to give Saban a gift, then he's going to take it.
    I hear ya, but it would still be a huge gamble even if they were being sloppy on kick-off coverage.

    Now, a half-back pass on first down that fails is more than likely 2 and 10.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!