Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: 1985 Bama / Georgia Game

Remember? How could I forget. Flew back in to Atl. from my honeymoon and had tix in the Bama section next to Mike Pitts who had graduated the previous year and I think was playing for the Falcons. He ran off some UGA fans who were being disrespectful to an older couple.

What a win! Witnessed some of the worst fans ever. Cussing thier own team at the bus and banging on the side. This was not long after they kept our team up all night in the team hotel a few years earlier. Sad bunch really.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

I remember this well. What a game!

I love the UGA players reactions on the sideline after they scored on the block. They thought they had it in the bag. Looking at this Alabama team, I don't think they would react the same way until the clock was at 0:00
    "I know this much, Alabama football will survive anything because we play the most interesting football there is -- we win." Bear Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I loved the straight on kick by the UGA kicker. Don't see those anymore...

BamaNation Second Team

I was on my honeymoon at the game. My ex never would let me forget that's where we went after a night at the Choo Choo in chattanooga. I thought it was perfect.

I was at Bama at the time but went to the game and sat in the Georgia student section. I didn't think I was going to make it out of there until we scored at the end. The student section emptied very quickly after that.

Worst part was my girlfriend had a test on Tuesday morning so we had to drive straight back to T-town that night and got there just before her class.

BamaNation First Team

I had a $100 bet with a girl who was a big Georgia fan. Late in the game when she thought Georgia was going to win she called me to gloat. I called her back a short time later to tell her never to count Bama out until the clock strikes zero. That $100 helped fund a night on Bourbon Street.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

How come ESPN classic didn't air this game this week? They have other games which are not even close to this one. I would have liked to have seen it.
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar

This is one of my all-time favorite games in Alabama Football history. What a great game! What a great ending! Also, it is always great to hear Keith Jackson calling an Alabama game.

Suspended

This game is why I hated that Shula had to be let go.