News Article: If Bama were 6-6, Chizik would still have job

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
I have a lot of Auburn friends and it was tough watching them suffer through what has been a historically bad (3-9, 0-8 SEC) season. But Auburn's suffering is made exponentially worse by the fact that Alabama is now one victory (against Georgia) away from playing for its third BCS national championship in four seasons. It is painful to be on the losing end of that rivalry in that state. It is painful to turn on the Paul Finebaum Show and listen to the Alabama fans pound on you and make fun of you day after day. It's painful to hear them call you "Little Brother." It's painful when Alabama's Nick Saban takes a knee at the five-yard line (as he did last Saturday) because he feels sorry for you. So you fire the coach, who won a national championship two years ago, and hope somebody new can alleviate the suffering. Good luck with that.

From Tony Barnhart's column today @cbssports..I thought it was funny.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Yeah, that's because in a year when we are 6-6 (it's been a while thank goodness) we'd probably lose to Auburn and that's what really matters to them anyway.

Except this year, if we were 6-6 we'd only beat them 24-0. :biggrin:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I doubt it. It's too hypothetical anyway. We would have had a rash of injuries for this to occur, and a 49-0 beatdown along with an ailing tide might have attracted more coaches and would have been a great time for a change.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It's painful when Alabama's Nick Saban takes a knee at the five-yard line (as he did last Saturday) because he feels sorry for you. So you fire the coach, who won a national championship two years ago, and hope somebody new can alleviate the suffering. Good luck with that.
Ouch.
Do you think Nick ever stops for a moment and looks back at the smoldering ashes of college football in his wake? Almost every interview with anyone about college football includes a reference to Nick Saban.

I say thank you Mal Moore every day for not taking 'No' for an answer.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
After all the nonsense they have got away with in the past, I hope the kitchen sink is thrown right in their faces.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Heard a radio person tell Auburn fans they cannot, nor should they, compare themselves to Alabama. Found the statement ridiculous in the fact that Auburn should compare themselves to their major rival.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
"If this happened. If that happened. If things turned out this way."

Well...none of that happened. Alabama is not 6-6 and Chizik is no longer the head coach at Auburn. Living in "what if" land doesn't do any good for anyone.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If some of you don't post in a thread in which you think the topic is so ridiculous or absurd, the topic wouldn't immediately return the top of the page.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
If some of you don't post in a thread in which you think the topic is so ridiculous or absurd, the topic wouldn't immediately return the top of the page.
I don't think people have a problem with it being at the top of the page. They're just posting their opinion of the topic. This is a forum after all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.