Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mr. UGA Football Tony Barnhart article on Aaron Murray

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    Tony Barnhart picked Georgia. How much will the fact that UGA lost last year motivate them to play well? They all think just because we have won 2 championships in 3 years that we don't want it as bad. It is always great to win championships. We didn't make it to the SECCG last year so hopefully we have some motivation to win it.
    I still think if we pop UGA in the mouth quick, they will lay down by the 2nd half. Just like they did against SC.
    iirc, the SECC was a huge goal of the team this year since they didn't get it last year.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. UGA Football Tony Barnhart article on Aaron Murray

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    iirc, the SECC was a huge goal of the team this year since they didn't get it last year.
    Yep - several of our players have mentioned that in interviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

I am watching Tony on his show on CSS right now. I do enjoy his commentary, he knows a lot about football.

But.....his whole argument for Georgia are their last games after Florida. He is stating how much they have improved...etc. Georgia has just benefited from having a great schedule to end with.

Ole Miss, Auburn, Ga Southern and Ga Tech? Yeah that was a gauntlet.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

An sec schedule is a difficult schedule anyway you slice it. You can try to belittle aaron as a player and qb all you want but the fact of the matter is that he leads the nation in passing efficiency. You can talk about schedules all you want to,the games still have to be played and won on the field. From what ive seen this year aarons done a great job leading this team. Whether you think the schedule was easy or not we still had to go out and win these games on the field. We didnt just roll our helmets out there,say we were the georgia bulldogs and everybody lay down and quit. Neither did the tide for that matter,theyve been talked about by some of these so called experts for playing a weak schedule as well. Anyway you slice it both of these teams are 11 and 1 in the sec. Thats not an easy task by any means and they both deserve to be here.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    An sec schedule is a difficult schedule anyway you slice it. You can try to belittle aaron as a player and qb all you want but the fact of the matter is that he leads the nation in passing efficiency. You can talk about schedules all you want to,the games still have to be played and won on the field. From what ive seen this year aarons done a great job leading this team. Whether you think the schedule was easy or not we still had to go out and win these games on the field. We didnt just roll our helmets out there,say we were the georgia bulldogs and everybody lay down and quit. Neither did the tide for that matter,theyve been talked about by some of these so called experts for playing a weak schedule as well. Anyway you slice it both of these teams are 11 and 1 in the sec. Thats not an easy task by any means and they both deserve to be here.

They definitely deserve to be there, they beat Florida and did what they needed to do. My point was all the talk about them "peaking" and improving. Based on their competition at the end, you would expect them to improve.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I am quickly tiring of UGA folks trying so incredibly hard to be relevant....by trying to make their accomplishments comparable.

Was not aware of the inferiority complex....it's almost like Auburn has an older step brother who finally quit picking his nose last year, and wants to now eat at the adults table wondering why no one treats them like they belong there
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO both teams have benefited from a favorable SEC schedule. Both teams played 2 games against what would be deemed quality opponents and both were 1-1 in those games. We both played Missouri on the road and we were more impressive in our win than was Georgia in their win. We both played Ole Miss at home and looked about the same. Their win and our win against au proved nothing. If you assess both teams common opponents we looked better against Mizzou and Ole Miss was the same.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Yeehaw on TideFans.com

You really want a head scratcher? Listen to Cowherd. He has said repeatedly that UGA played a tougher schedule than us. We had 5 common opponents 7 uncommon. I will list the 7 for each and we can compare:

Michigan – Georgia Tech
    Western Kentucky - Buffalo
    Arkansas - Kentucky
    Missisippi State - Vanderbilt
    LSU - Florida
    Texas A&M – South Carolina
    Western Carolina – Georgia Southern
    Woo! Hoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    You really want a head scratcher? Listen to Cowherd. He has said repeatedly that UGA played a tougher schedule than us. We had 5 common opponents 7 uncommon. I will list the 7 for each and we can compare:

Michigan – Georgia Tech
    Western Kentucky - Buffalo
    Arkansas - Kentucky
    Missisippi State - Vanderbilt
    LSU - Florida
    Texas A&M – South Carolina
    Western Carolina – Georgia Southern

Cowherd is an interesting character. He will act like he is dead right on something, then the next day back peddle on it.

But good comparison, that definitely says something about their schedule.
    Roll Tide

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Right or wrong I will say this comparing teams we played they played is no not a good comparison both teams have different players schemes match ups game plans. Also something else I take in to account is every Coach has another Coaches number.
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I counted only 4 common opponents: Mizzou, Ole Miss, UT, and au, who was the 5th? I also agree how a team played a common opponent doesn't really say much, ie LSU 12 Auburn 10 Alabama 49 Auburn 0. A lot has to do with when you play a team, how is the schedule loaded, front end or back end, injuries, and yes even the weather can influence an outcome. I would prefer in the future we schedule TAMU away from November since we already have LSU and au as two of last three games. Swap TAMU for Ole Miss, earlier in the season.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Mr. UGA Football Tony Barnhart article on Aaron Murray

Barnhart predicted a UGa win on JOX this morn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I counted only 4 common opponents: Mizzou, Ole Miss, UT, and au, who was the 5th? I also agree how a team played a common opponent doesn't really say much, ie LSU 12 Auburn 10 Alabama 49 Auburn 0. A lot has to do with when you play a team, how is the schedule loaded, front end or back end, injuries, and yes even the weather can influence an outcome. I would prefer in the future we schedule TAMU away from November since we already have LSU and au as two of last three games. Swap TAMU for Ole Miss, earlier in the season.
    we play a and m early next year.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon