Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Can we please go ahead and give Nick Saban a LIFETIME contract?

Quote Originally Posted by StatHaldol View Post
    If he has a bad season, everyone will be ready to get rid of him...
    Only the idiots.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The year CPB went 6 and 5, people were ready to run him out of town!

“Passion makes idiots of the cleverest men, and makes the biggest idiots clever”

Francois de la Rochefoucauld
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

The year CPB went 6 and 5, people were ready to run him out of town!
    It was pretty depressing for him also. He made a lot of remarks about wondering if the game had passed him by...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

Earl, how sick was Coach Bryant other than his heart problems when he died? He was only 68 as I recall, but the last few years of his life he really aged fast. He looked like he could have been 78.

OTOH, CNS at 61 looks a picture of health. I know he doesn't smoke and I've never heard about him drinking either. Looks like he could coach another 10-15 years if he wants with no major health issues.

Can we please go ahead and give Nick Saban a LIFETIME contract?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Earl, how sick was Coach Bryant other than his heart problems when he died? He was only 68 as I recall, but the last few years of his life he really aged fast. He looked like he could have been 78.

OTOH, CNS at 61 looks a picture of health. I know he doesn't smoke and I've never heard about him drinking either. Looks like he could coach another 10-15 years if he wants with no major health issues.
    He doesn't drink much, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post

Coach Bryant lived a hard life, one which he made hard on himself and the state of his health. I could say more, but I'm not going to. Saban has health problems, but they're not the product of tobacco and booze. He exercises and stays in shape and, as noted above, he really doesn't even drink at all. After we won the NCG in '09, old friends tried to get him just to have one drink, but he didn't. If he has one health-threatening habit, it's those damned oatmeal cakes, packed with saturated fat...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

I hope Saint Nick keeps delivering gifts to the Bama faithful for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Coach Bryant lived a hard life, one which he made hard on himself and the state of his health. I could say more, but I'm not going to. Saban has health problems, but they're not the product of tobacco and booze. He exercises and stays in shape and, as noted above, he really doesn't even drink at all. After we won the NCG in '09, old friends tried to get him just to have one drink, but he didn't. If he has one health-threatening habit, it's those damned oatmeal cakes, packed with saturated fat...
    I heard that after he had to do all those takes for the ESPN commercial that he got sick of them. I think he literally had 20-30 takes of him taking a bite out of one.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

When Saban came to Alabama, at the time I was just hoping he would coach us long enough to win a championship and set us up like he did at LSU, anything more would be icing on the cake. He has delivered in spades and all indications are he will stay as long as he, the fans and University are happy.

The longer he stays the harder it's gonna be to get rid of him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Has the ban on LSU fans been lifted?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I hereby nominate this post as the absolute stupidest post of the year!
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think CNS & more importantly Ms Teri, like it here just as much as we like having him.

Anyone know just how much money he gives back? I have heard it was over $1m a year to various charities?

I think he is at home.

BamaNation Second Team StatHaldol's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    I hereby nominate this post as the absolute stupidest post of the year!
    Stupidest?