Can we please go ahead and give Nick Saban a LIFETIME contract?

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
contracts dont mean anything in sports anymore. the opposing school would pay the termination fee of the contract to snag Saban

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Why should we panic like lswho? Saban didn't shop himself just to get a raise. Hasn't yet and I seriously doubt he would.

CrimsonTut

1st Team
Jul 24, 2000
Franklin, TN
The Longhorn folks like to think if they park a dump truck full of cash in his driveway, he's theirs. I even heard a "reporter" on the radio think he might be able to be lured away. When the Cleveland Browns rumors started up a month ago a Tennessee friend of mine asked me why Saban would stay at Alabama if offered the coaching job there, insinuating that CNS would go if offered. People not fans of Alabama want and wish he would leave. I'm pretty objective about this sort of thing and from what I've seen from Coach Saban, he seems to be in his element and enjoying what he's doing. I think he's here until he retires for good.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
David, I'm not sure you understand how this contract works and how unique it really is.

Dateline Miami:::::

Mal Moore to Coach Saban = How much?
Coach Saban to Mal = Total control, no questions asked by ANYBODY, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE.

Mal to Coach Saban = Done. The plane's ready to take off.

Any raise or extension would be set by Coach Saban first then rubber-stamped by the BOT.

Nobody can offer him a better deal than he can.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Earl, how sick was Coach Bryant other than his heart problems when he died? He was only 68 as I recall, but the last few years of his life he really aged fast. He looked like he could have been 78.

OTOH, CNS at 61 looks a picture of health. I know he doesn't smoke and I've never heard about him drinking either. Looks like he could coach another 10-15 years if he wants with no major health issues.

Hamilton

Suspended
Dec 5, 2002
Hamilton
bama.ua.edu
Earl, how sick was Coach Bryant other than his heart problems when he died? He was only 68 as I recall, but the last few years of his life he really aged fast. He looked like he could have been 78.

OTOH, CNS at 61 looks a picture of health. I know he doesn't smoke and I've never heard about him drinking either. Looks like he could coach another 10-15 years if he wants with no major health issues.
He doesn't drink much, if at all.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Coach Bryant lived a hard life, one which he made hard on himself and the state of his health. I could say more, but I'm not going to. Saban has health problems, but they're not the product of tobacco and booze. He exercises and stays in shape and, as noted above, he really doesn't even drink at all. After we won the NCG in '09, old friends tried to get him just to have one drink, but he didn't. If he has one health-threatening habit, it's those damned oatmeal cakes, packed with saturated fat...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.