What was Gary referring to, saying "That's cruel" during IB?

TideV

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
During the televised iron Bowl, announcer Gary muttered "That's cruel" as the teams went to the locker rooms at halftime. I could hear the crowd and sounded like they were booing, but I really don't know what it was. I didn't think they were booing. Maybe they were saying "Mooooo" at Auburn?? :cool: Who can fill me in on that?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
During the televised iron Bowl, announcer Gary muttered "That's cruel" as the teams went to the locker rooms at halftime. I could hear the crowd and sounded like they were booing, but I really don't know what it was. I didn't think they were booing. Maybe they were saying "Mooooo" at Auburn?? :cool: Who can fill me in on that?
Not sure if it was what he was referring to, but heard some "Keep Gene Chizik!!" chants.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
My guess is that the producer had just told them over their ear pieces that Verne should announce that they were going down to the field where Tracy would ask Chizick questions about what went wrong in the first half.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I was at the game and my dad texted me and asked me if the crowd booed auburn as they left the field at the 1/2. The student section certainly did and he thought that is what the they were referring to.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I was at the game and my dad texted me and asked me if the crowd booed auburn as they left the field at the 1/2. The student section certainly did and he thought that is what the they were referring to.
Not sure, a contingent of their fans were above the tunnel the entered into. I was there and thought it was their own fans booing them.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not sure, a contingent of their fans were above the tunnel the entered into. I was there and thought it was their own fans booing them.
No way a few hundred people make that much noise. Most of their fans where in the North upper deck and north east lower bowl and they went in/out in the southwest endzone.

It was the Bama students booing.

What Gary said could have been in response to going to the Gene Chizik interview. I'll say this, Chizik handle it with class.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Don't know when yall are talking about in the game broadcast but at the game when Auburn went into their tunnel at half time they were boo-d by the students in the south end zone.

At that time the crowd was not saying "Coop" as in when Cooper makes a big play.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I just brought it up and listened to it a few times. I'm fairly certain he's says "That's cruel" in reference to Auburn being booed going off the field. But he's chuckling a little under his breath like he also thinks it's a little funny.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I was also at the game and didn't hear it...but then I wasn't close to the student section.
I was able to get my hands on a student guest ticket, so I sat in the student section. The students definitely boo'd when the Auburn team left at the half. They also started the "Keep Gene Chizik" chant.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I think the only time the students did not boo but applauded the opposing team was Kent State 2011 we were there & it showed a lot of class for what they did with the storm relief.

Other than that it's kids having fun.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.