Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Lattimore expected to enter 2013 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    People talk about him being injury prone but his have just been bad luck. Any other player in his position would have suffered the same given the hits he took that inflicted the injury. It's not like his knee blew out because he was weak or something or somehow he caused the injuries because he has bad karma or something.
    I could be wrong, but I feel like you wouldn't have much like trying to convince NFL teams of this.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMang View Post
    I could be wrong, but I feel like you wouldn't have much like trying to convince NFL teams of this.
    Sadly, I would intend to agree with you. Stigmas are almost impossible to erase, no matter how much they don't make sense. Just take his last injury as an example. If you watch the tape (and I don't want to anymore because it makes me queazy) I can't think of another human being who's knee would not have been blown out on that hit. So, the only thing that would make him have that injury, and not someone else, would be the fact that he was in that particular situation and someone else would not. I didn't see anything in the play that would support that conclusion.

This superstition is like the idiot that claims the mile radius around your house is the most dangerous for driving because the majority of accidents occur there. No, the majority of accidents occur there because EVERY SINGLE TRIP YOU TAKE includes that strip of road, therefore there are more opportunities to have an accident there. It is not more dangerous, it's just simple math.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    People talk about him being injury prone but his have just been bad luck. Any other player in his position would have suffered the same given the hits he took that inflicted the injury. It's not like his knee blew out because he was weak or something or somehow he caused the injuries because he has bad karma or something.
    Thank you. Both of the injuries had nothing to do with injury prone. Especially the second one, there was just no way that hit wasn't going to be devastating given the position of his leg.

I'd be amazed if he was drafted before the 4th or 5th round. Running backs already have short careers, and he's had two pretty huge injuries.

That said, Frank Gore had similar things happen to him in college and went in the 3rd and has had a very nice career.

I hope Lattimore at least makes some money and has a few productive NFL seasons.