Lattimore expected to enter 2013 NFL Draft

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Don't know how long it would take for him to really recover (even if that is possible), but if he can return and play football again there is no real reason to play another year in college football. If you can legitimately play football in the NFL, and are draft eligible, there really isn't much of a reason why an injury-plagued tailback should play for free for another year or two.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Don't know how long it would take for him to really recover (even if that is possible), but if he can return and play football again there is no real reason to play another year in college football. If you can legitimately play football in the NFL, and are draft eligible, there really isn't much of a reason why an injury-plagued tailback should play for free for another year or two.
Agreed. I understand wanting to show you're healthy; but a RB really is limited on his playing career. No need to risk it. Hope he recovers fully.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
With the injury that he had (and the fact that he seems to be injury prone), I have to wonder whether he would be drafted very high or at all. I do hope he gets to play at the next level somewhere though, and maybe that injury bug will leave him alone.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
What an awesome kid. But I have serious doubts that he will be drafted. The injury he received was a devastating one. And since this isn't his first one, I have a hard time seeing this one take place. But nobody would be more deserving and I'm sure he would fight like nobody else to get back. I would anticipate his recovery period would be quite long.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I thought he wasn't expected to be ready to play until the 2014 season.

Best of luck to him though.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He's a great kid but with the injury history he's hoping someone will take a HUGE chance on him. I'm thinking Maybe fifth or sixth round if then.
Not being mean spirited at all it's just a fact of life, the NFL doesn't value running backs very highly as high draft picks anymore, especially those coming off of serious injuries.
It's really sad to me because he, when healthy, was truly fabulous.
I hope fate deals him a great hand and he gets a break. I Truly do.
sip

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
People talk about him being injury prone but his have just been bad luck. Any other player in his position would have suffered the same given the hits he took that inflicted the injury. It's not like his knee blew out because he was weak or something or somehow he caused the injuries because he has bad karma or something.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
People talk about him being injury prone but his have just been bad luck. Any other player in his position would have suffered the same given the hits he took that inflicted the injury. It's not like his knee blew out because he was weak or something or somehow he caused the injuries because he has bad karma or something.
I could be wrong, but I feel like you wouldn't have much like trying to convince NFL teams of this.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
I could be wrong, but I feel like you wouldn't have much like trying to convince NFL teams of this.
Sadly, I would intend to agree with you. Stigmas are almost impossible to erase, no matter how much they don't make sense. Just take his last injury as an example. If you watch the tape (and I don't want to anymore because it makes me queazy) I can't think of another human being who's knee would not have been blown out on that hit. So, the only thing that would make him have that injury, and not someone else, would be the fact that he was in that particular situation and someone else would not. I didn't see anything in the play that would support that conclusion.

This superstition is like the idiot that claims the mile radius around your house is the most dangerous for driving because the majority of accidents occur there. No, the majority of accidents occur there because EVERY SINGLE TRIP YOU TAKE includes that strip of road, therefore there are more opportunities to have an accident there. It is not more dangerous, it's just simple math.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Thank you. Both of the injuries had nothing to do with injury prone. Especially the second one, there was just no way that hit wasn't going to be devastating given the position of his leg.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
I'd be amazed if he was drafted before the 4th or 5th round. Running backs already have short careers, and he's had two pretty huge injuries.

That said, Frank Gore had similar things happen to him in college and went in the 3rd and has had a very nice career.

I hope Lattimore at least makes some money and has a few productive NFL seasons.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.