Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Herbie on Finebaum Today

I thought it was interesting that he talked at length about Georgia breaking away from their pattern of being "soft" which KH indicated seems to be a carry over from CMR's "nice guy approach."

He said that he thought the game would be won in the trenches between Georgia's offensive line and our defensive line.

The one concern he mentioned about the Tide is our inability to get teams off the field on third down as demonstrated against LSU and TAMU.

Reading between the lines I think KH probably thinks we are the more physical team and he is concerned about how Georgia will respond.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Herbie on Finebaum Today

I like Hurbie, I heard it he is right on most of the time

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Look for us to come with blitz packages in this game that no one, including Georgia has seen all year.

sip

Suspended
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

At the end of the day, Saban and staff will be the winning difference in this game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheSabanator View Post
    At the end of the day, Saban and staff will be the winning difference in this game.

I agree, I have faith they will have the gameplan to win.

But, Herbie is one of my favorite analysts. He knows what he is saying and he is fun to listen to.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I heard bits and pieces of the KH interview, but the interview with Gentry Estes on Jox today caught my attention more. He was less than enthusiastic about the Dawgs and some of his comments surprised me seeing that he covers them for 24/7 (I think.) I felt like he was throwing in the towel because every comment tended to support UGA losing. Didn't he cover Bama a few years ago? Maybe he can't hid his true "colors."

I am just ready to take the media OUT of this game and go out and have BAMA win it on the field! It is time for us to shut them up! Well, until they love-fest with ND kicks into high gear. Sigh.

BamaNation All-SEC BradtheImpaler's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Look for us to come with blitz packages in this game that no one, including Georgia has seen all year.

sip
    I hope - and think - you are right.
    "In the second quarter, I saw Torretta look over at me, and he froze for a second. I saw fear."
    John Copeland

BamaNation First Team

sip
    Well, that really has been the difference between last year and this year's defense. Tough to bring in multiple blitz packages against a top QB like Murray when you are not a good zone defense team. We are also not doing a very good job of disguising the blitz in pre-snap, and that's really hurting us on obvious 3rd down passes.

One thing I'm hoping to see is our supposed pass rushers affecting Murray off the edge.

BamaNation Second Team I AM SPARTACUS!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    Didn't he cover Bama a few years ago? Maybe he can't hide his true "colors."
    Gentry Estes did cover Alabama (very well too, in my opinion), but he is a UGA alumnus.

sip
    Thought this too.

Quote Originally Posted by markenk View Post
    Well, that really has been the difference between last year and this year's defense. Tough to bring in multiple blitz packages against a top QB like Murray when you are not a good zone defense team. We are also not doing a very good job of disguising the blitz in pre-snap, and that's really hurting us on obvious 3rd down passes.

One thing I'm hoping to see is our supposed pass rushers affecting Murray off the edge.
    But have been concerned about this too.

Hopefully with the emergence of Geno Smith at corner we'll be able to get a little more creative.

I also think it might help that Murray is a pocket passer with no big threat at all to run.

Against TAMU we got pressure on JM when we brought it but he consistently stepped away from it with those quick feet.

Hopefully we'll get a great push with our 3-4 defensive lineman. Also hopeful we can take advantage of some blitz opportunities on key downs but our defensive backfield has got to cover!

BamaNation Third Team

I believe Gentry is a Georgia grad.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheSabanator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    I agree, I have faith they will have the gameplan to win.

Wouldn't we win every game we play in if this were the case?
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.