Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Herbie on Finebaum Today

Quote Originally Posted by I AM SPARTACUS! View Post
    Gentry Estes did cover Alabama (very well too, in my opinion), but he is a UGA alumnus.
    I was disappointed when he left for UGA. He was good. He wasn't very high on his Dawgs today, though.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    Wouldn't we win every game we play in if this were the case?

No, it is sometimes about the players executing the plays. We were very flat in the Texas A&M game...and the LSU game last year got into our players head.

Even AJ said today, that they (players) will treat this game like any other game. He felt they didn't last year and the hype of the "game of the century" got to them.

They need to be mentally prepared for Saturday.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    Wouldn't we win every game we play in if this were the case?
    For the most part, we do.

BamaNation First Team Stonewall1959's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

No battle plan survives the first contact with the enemy. Coaches can only do so much to get these guys ready to play. The rest is up to them.

Saban and company are the best in the business.

Lots of talk on sports radio today about how the GA defensive coordinator, Todd Grantham, a Saban protege, likes to "get cute" with his defenses and instead of attacking the offense back out and play soft zone defense. I hope that's what happens Saturday. Regardless, there's no doubt that Saban and Smart are much better than Richt and Grantham.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Against TAMU we got pressure on JM when we brought it but he consistently stepped away from it with those quick feet.

Hopefully we'll get a great push with our 3-4 defensive lineman. Also hopeful we can take advantage of some blitz opportunities on key downs but our defensive backfield has got to cover!
    Nobody has put successful consistent pressure on Manziel..
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I haven't watched too many TAMU games but I imagine we did as good of job as anybody collapsing the pocket but he just had too much elusiveness.

BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Herbie on Finebaum Today

Hopefully with Geno we can hold up a bit better in zone - long enough to apply the pressure with a blitz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    No, it is sometimes about the players executing the plays. We were very flat in the Texas A&M game...and the LSU game last year got into our players head.

Even AJ said today, that they (players) will treat this game like any other game. He felt they didn't last year and the hype of the "game of the century" got to them.

They need to be mentally prepared for Saturday.
    You hit the nail on the head
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I'll also add that when you have the opposing team's quarterback sacked in the backfield and he runs into the back of one of this offensive linemen, fumbling the ball in the air and the ball just so happens to go straight up and come straight down, back into the qb's hands only to have him do a semicircle turn and throw to a wide open receiver in the endzone. It PROLLY ain't yo day.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall1959 View Post
    No battle plan survives the first contact with the enemy. Coaches can only do so much to get these guys ready to play. The rest is up to them.
    Saban and company are the best in the business.
    Lots of talk on sports radio today about how the GA defensive coordinator, Todd Grantham, a Saban protege, likes to "get cute" with his defenses and instead of attacking the offense back out and play soft zone defense. I hope that's what happens Saturday. Regardless, there's no doubt that Saban and Smart are much better than Richt and Grantham.
    My favorite quote is quite similar.
    'Everybody's tough until you punch them in the mouth'...
    Things have a way of changing radically in the heat of battle or competition,
    But you can regularly tilt things your way by being physical.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I'll also add that when you have the opposing team's quarterback sacked in the backfield and he runs into the back of one of this offensive linemen, fumbling the ball in the air and the ball just so happens to go straight up and come straight down, back into the qb's hands only to have him do a semicircle turn and throw to a wide open receiver in the endzone. It PROLLY ain't yo day.
    Every time I see that play, I cringe because I thought the drive ended with a sack. Vinnie obviously had the same feeling because he took off towards the LOS and left Swope wide open.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    LOL! I have to agree. After I saw that, I thought "Good Lord, what next?"
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team

LOL! I have to agree. After I saw that, I thought "Good Lord, what next?"
    All I could think was, The force is strong with this one. A Jedi, and apparently Manziel, can see the near future coming and react to it, and perhaps also move stuff with his mind. I hope we have a couple of Jedi knights at rush end next year in College Station.