Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Herbie on Finebaum Today

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    LOL! I have to agree. After I saw that, I thought "Good Lord, what next?"

I actually laughed after the play....because I wanted to cry. Of course, that is now his "Heisman" play.
    Roll Tide

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well losing the aTm game may end up being the motivation. Alabama needed to go all the way. It was hard for us when it happened, but really got this team concentrating on Every play.

When have you ever seen an Alabama team have the number of injuries we have this year?

When is the last time we saw an Alabama offense drive 7 times in a row for a TD?

This team is not like the 09 or 11 teams but they are very special bunch.

The game Saturday I think will be much like the 11 BCSNCG.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    Well losing the aTm game may end up being the motivation. Alabama needed to go all the way. It was hard for us when it happened, but really got this team concentrating on Every play.

When have you ever seen an Alabama team have the number of injuries we have this year?

When is the last time we saw an Alabama offense drive 7 times in a row for a TD?

This team is not like the 09 or 11 teams but they are very special bunch.

The game Saturday I think will be much like the 11 BCSNCG.
    I don't think the injuries this year are that much worse than most years honestly. There have been quite a few season ending ones I think that is what makes it stand out.

To me 2010 was worse with injuries mainly because they happened to the star players and all seemed to be lingering. Barret/Barron against AU really cost us. Dareus and Upshaw hobbled the entire year probably cost us another game as well. Fluker got knocked out of the USCe game. Ingram/Trent had issues all season. I'll take what we have had this year vs that year.

Quote Originally Posted by MBA_99 View Post
    All I could think was, The force is strong with this one. A Jedi, and apparently Manziel, can see the near future coming and react to it, and perhaps also move stuff with his mind. I hope we have a couple of Jedi knights at rush end next year in College Station.
    we have the jedi master as coach this summer. next year in college station will be fun to watch as a bama fan.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    I don't think the injuries this year are that much worse than most years honestly. There have been quite a few season ending ones I think that is what makes it stand out.

To me 2010 was worse with injuries mainly because they happened to the star players and all seemed to be lingering. Barret/Barron against AU really cost us. Dareus and Upshaw hobbled the entire year probably cost us another game as well. Fluker got knocked out of the USCe game. Ingram/Trent had issues all season. I'll take what we have had this year vs that year.
    yeah, 2010 was tough, but with both fowler and white all season this year, our offense would have been magical

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Thought this too.

I also think it might help that Murray is a pocket passer with no big threat at all to run.
    yeah, i've read a couple analyses that point out that aj is the better scrambler of the two. no knock against aj, but if he's the better of the two, that doesn't say much for murray.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    yeah, i've read a couple analyses that point out that aj is the better scrambler of the two. no knock against aj, but if he's the better of the two, that doesn't say much for murray.
    Yeah, I really don't understand that I've seen games where Murray scrambles pretty effectively. He's actually pretty quick. Although I saw this more in 2010 than I saw it this year.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com
    I haven't watched too many TAMU games but I imagine we did as good of job as anybody collapsing the pocket but he just had too much elusiveness.
    My guess is if we played again they wouldn't score 20 points on us so quickly seeing as how once adjustments came and the players got up to speed tamu wasn't as effective offensively.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    My guess is if we played again they wouldn't score 20 points on us so quickly seeing as how once adjustments came and the players got up to speed tamu wasn't as effective offensively.

We would also have run the ball more and not allowed TAMU to get that many snaps.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation First Team

He said that he thought the game would be won in the trenches between Georgia's offensive line and our defensive line.

The one concern he mentioned about the Tide is our inability to get teams off the field on third down as demonstrated against LSU and TAMU.
    I heard the interview and thought he was spot on with these points. The success or failure of the Alabama pass rush will determine the outcome of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by efd840 View Post
    I heard the interview and thought he was spot on with these points. The success or failure of the Alabama pass rush will determine the outcome of the game.
    i would say more than that, that the success or failure of Alabama's running game will determine the outcome of the game. yeah, we need to pressure murray (and we will), but in three years, he's never consistently stepped up in big games.

-Bertrand Russell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i would say more than that, that the success or failure of Alabama's running game will determine the outcome of the game. yeah, we need to pressure murray (and we will), but in three years, he's never consistently stepped up in big games.
    And our running game can actually impact Georgia's passing game too. The more time we have the ball through long, clock-eating drives will be less time that Murray will have to operate. Also, the fewer times he has on offense the less likely they will be able to get into a offensive rhythm.
    Last edited by BamaMoon; November 29th, 2012 at 10:15 AM.

And our running game can actually impact Georgia's passing game too. The more time we have the ball through long, clock-eating drives will be less time that Murray will have to operate. Also, the fewer times he has on offense the less likely they will be to get into a offensive rhythm.
    he also seems to be the type to try and "make a play" and force things (and to be fair, bobo seems the same way). a good rushing effort by us could force them into that mode.

-Bertrand Russell

ó Thomas Pynchon