Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Re: Herbie on Finebaum Today

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Nobody has put successful consistent pressure on Manziel..

Hes like a Rabbit in your yard who can throw Rocks at you.
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Every time I see that play, I cringe because I thought the drive ended with a sack. Vinnie obviously had the same feeling because he took off towards the LOS and left Swope wide open.
    Clearly you're a better man than I, '91.

I haven't been able to watch it since...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    Well losing the aTm game may end up being the motivation. Alabama needed to go all the way. It was hard for us when it happened, but really got this team concentrating on Every play.

When have you ever seen an Alabama team have the number of injuries we have this year?

When is the last time we saw an Alabama offense drive 7 times in a row for a TD?

This team is not like the 09 or 11 teams but they are very special bunch.

The game Saturday I think will be much like the 11 BCSNCG.
    Never, Tom.

Never...

In fact, I find the number - and severity - of injuries this year to be nothing short of mind-boggling...

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Look for us to come with blitz packages in this game that no one, including Georgia has seen all year.

sip
    I hope if we blitz, we're able to actually get some pressure on the QB...We've been less than expected in getting to the QB on our blitzes, and that makes it hard on the secondary

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Never, Tom.

Never...

In fact, I find the number - and severity - of injuries this year to be nothing short of mind-boggling...
    iirc, 2004 was a pretty horrific year for injuries. by the time we got to the iron bowl, we were playing almost exclusively 3rd string in the offensive backfield.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    iirc, 2004 was a pretty horrific year for injuries. by the time we got to the iron bowl, we were playing almost exclusively 3rd string in the offensive backfield.
    was that the year we had chester pennington (or whatever his name was...i think he was a pitcher on the bb team) playing qb by the end of the season? i really felt bad for him because he had no business being out there on the field.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

2005 hurt, too. Prothro's is the most dramatic, but the team did go 10-0. JB Closner going down against MSU probably contributed more to the overtime loss to LSU and the 10 point loss to Auburn which resulted in the "Honk if you sacked Brodie" bumper stickers.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    was that the year we had chester pennington (or whatever his name was...i think he was a pitcher on the bb team) playing qb by the end of the season? i really felt bad for him because he had no business being out there on the field.
    i think his name was spencer. iirc, we also had the other kid (cant remember his name) play in a few games as well and it was a train wreck

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

If we win the NCG this year, one could make the case that this may very well be Saban's best coaching job since he's been here (and that's saying something, considering how he went undefeated in the '08 regular season with only one ace recruiting class under his belt, and getting the team to progress the way he did after only one full year of adapting to his system). Think about it. Fowler would have been a HUGE asset in the power running game, both as a blocker and getting carries. Dee was a highly recruited guy who we could throw in there to spell Yeldon or Lacy. Bell must always be accounted for by the opposing team's DC, as he's shown to be a big play guy when AJ throws the deep ball. White is a solid player as well.

My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

i think his name was spencer. iirc, we also had the other kid (cant remember his name) play in a few games as well and it was a train wreck
    Marc Guillon was a poor QB, and quit before Shula was fired.
    Jimmy Barnes couldn't hack it under Saban, but I don't remember him ever playing.
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Marc Guillon was a poor QB, and quit before Shula was fired.
    Jimmy Barnes couldn't hack it under Saban, but I don't remember him ever playing.
    brandon avalos was the name i was trying to remember. he didn't play much, but i remember that pennington got hurt and avalos came in.

-Bertrand Russell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Brandon Avalos played and we threw it like 6 times the whole game.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

brandon avalos was the name i was trying to remember. he didn't play much, but i remember that pennington got hurt and avalos came in.
    Oh yeah. http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4314