Herbie on Finebaum Today

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Every time I see that play, I cringe because I thought the drive ended with a sack. Vinnie obviously had the same feeling because he took off towards the LOS and left Swope wide open.
Clearly you're a better man than I, '91.

I haven't been able to watch it since...

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Well losing the aTm game may end up being the motivation. Alabama needed to go all the way. It was hard for us when it happened, but really got this team concentrating on Every play.

When have you ever seen an Alabama team have the number of injuries we have this year?

When is the last time we saw an Alabama offense drive 7 times in a row for a TD?

This team is not like the 09 or 11 teams but they are very special bunch.

The game Saturday I think will be much like the 11 BCSNCG.
Never, Tom.

Never...

In fact, I find the number - and severity - of injuries this year to be nothing short of mind-boggling...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Look for us to come with blitz packages in this game that no one, including Georgia has seen all year.

sip
I hope if we blitz, we're able to actually get some pressure on the QB...We've been less than expected in getting to the QB on our blitzes, and that makes it hard on the secondary

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Never, Tom.

Never...

In fact, I find the number - and severity - of injuries this year to be nothing short of mind-boggling...
iirc, 2004 was a pretty horrific year for injuries. by the time we got to the iron bowl, we were playing almost exclusively 3rd string in the offensive backfield.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
iirc, 2004 was a pretty horrific year for injuries. by the time we got to the iron bowl, we were playing almost exclusively 3rd string in the offensive backfield.
was that the year we had chester pennington (or whatever his name was...i think he was a pitcher on the bb team) playing qb by the end of the season? i really felt bad for him because he had no business being out there on the field.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
2005 hurt, too. Prothro's is the most dramatic, but the team did go 10-0. JB Closner going down against MSU probably contributed more to the overtime loss to LSU and the 10 point loss to Auburn which resulted in the "Honk if you sacked Brodie" bumper stickers.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
was that the year we had chester pennington (or whatever his name was...i think he was a pitcher on the bb team) playing qb by the end of the season? i really felt bad for him because he had no business being out there on the field.
i think his name was spencer. iirc, we also had the other kid (cant remember his name) play in a few games as well and it was a train wreck

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
If we win the NCG this year, one could make the case that this may very well be Saban's best coaching job since he's been here (and that's saying something, considering how he went undefeated in the '08 regular season with only one ace recruiting class under his belt, and getting the team to progress the way he did after only one full year of adapting to his system). Think about it. Fowler would have been a HUGE asset in the power running game, both as a blocker and getting carries. Dee was a highly recruited guy who we could throw in there to spell Yeldon or Lacy. Bell must always be accounted for by the opposing team's DC, as he's shown to be a big play guy when AJ throws the deep ball. White is a solid player as well.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
i think his name was spencer. iirc, we also had the other kid (cant remember his name) play in a few games as well and it was a train wreck
Marc Guillon was a poor QB, and quit before Shula was fired.
Jimmy Barnes couldn't hack it under Saban, but I don't remember him ever playing.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Marc Guillon was a poor QB, and quit before Shula was fired.
Jimmy Barnes couldn't hack it under Saban, but I don't remember him ever playing.
brandon avalos was the name i was trying to remember. he didn't play much, but i remember that pennington got hurt and avalos came in.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
brandon avalos was the name i was trying to remember. he didn't play much, but i remember that pennington got hurt and avalos came in.
Southern Mississippi game. I believe we won that game without throwing a pass. Or completing one. I could be wrong.

Correction: seven passes, fifty rushing attempts, just shy of a school record.

From my phone with Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
yeah, i've read a couple analyses that point out that aj is the better scrambler of the two. no knock against aj, but if he's the better of the two, that doesn't say much for murray.
I find AJ can be deceptively elusive.

The moves he put on the Who's defense Jan 9th continue to astonish me...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.