News Article: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012
I guess the coaches decided we didn't need him. Can't really complain, since we won the game, and kept his redshirt. Really excited about next year's team (yes I know the season isn't over yet!)

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
The official game participation list, other than starters, per Rolltide.com doesn't show Chris playing.

RS intact.

Player participation:

Alabama: 2F-Cody Mandell, 3-Vinnie Sunseri, 4-T.J. Yeldon, 5-Jeremy Shelley, 5C-Carson Tinker, 8-Cyrus Jones, 8A-Jeoffrey Pagan,
9A-Quinton Dial, 16-Bradley Sylve, 18-Reggie Ragland, 21-Brent Calloway, 26-Landon Collins, 27-Nick Perry, 30-Denzel Devall,
31-Kelly Johnson, 35-Nico Johnson, 36-Tyler Hayes, 43-Cade Foster, 47-Xzavier Dickson, 62-Brandon Ivory, 80-Marvin Shinn,
82-Harrison Jones.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We played twin WR with two TEs most of the second half...but even when they were trying those 3 WRs to one side and the fourth isolate in the first half, Shinn was getting the snaps.

I figured he'd play but we just didn't use the WRs much this week.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We played twin WR with two TEs most of the second half...but even when they were trying those 3 WRs to one side and the fourth isolate in the first half, Shinn was getting the snaps.

I figured he'd play but we just didn't use the WRs much this week.
It'll be interesting to see if they feel they need him for the NCG, particularly if Bell can come back...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He wore his helmet pretty much the entire game. There was a time I thought he was breaking the huddle but he stayed on the sideline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
It'll be interesting to see if they feel they need him for the NCG, particularly if Bell can come back...
It will be a miracle if Bell is back. I know they said 5-6 weeks, but I just don't see how it's possible...even for an elite-level athlete. It will be a very unexpected bonus if he can play.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I hope everyone who was giving Sip a hard time about Chris Black possibly not playing apologizes to him. I think Saban was only going to play Chris Black if need be. Thankfully, there wasn't a need. Sip was correct.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.