Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by skrayper77 View Post
    I was watching his highlight reel from his JR year in HS. Kid is a great talent. Amazingly quick and great hands.

Could be another Prothro.

Wow. Not only speed and good hands but the ability to make quick cuts and misses. If he only were 6'3 he'd be unstoppable.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

To me it says they aren't quite as sharp running routes and don't have the speed downfield or out of a cut. It's the little things that seperate the starters from the backups. With that said, everyone seems to think he's coming onto the field as the #2 receiver behind Coop. I dont' see it happening. For some reason I'm seeing this as an insurance policy if we need him, not that he's coming in to be a primary threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    What does playing a freshman coming off injury say about the other WRs on the depth chart? I agree that this is an "all hands on deck" situation, but I hope the other WRs make his play unneccessary.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    So is he suppose to be faster than Bell?
    Black is supposed to be slightly faster...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Black is supposed to be slightly faster...

If even slightly, that is huge. Can't wait to see him on Saturday.
    Roll Tide

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by skrayper77 View Post
    I was watching his highlight reel from his JR year in HS. Kid is a great talent. Amazingly quick and great hands.

Could be another Prothro.

There won't be another Prothro.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    What does playing a freshman coming off injury say about the other WRs on the depth chart? I agree that this is an "all hands on deck" situation, but I hope the other WRs make his play unneccessary.
    It could say that he is that good. As Coach said in his presser this week they need to have more receivers cause they get winded in 2 minute situations and if they run long routes. Right now we havfe Cooper, Norwood, Jones, Jones, and Shinn as basically the only guys who have played. Cy. Jones and Shinn barely have more experience than Black, so to me it's a great idea to get him in the game.

God forbid we have another injury in this game to any of these guys and we will certainly need him. So to me it is a no brainer that if he can contribute he should play. And to me it doesn't mean that something is wrong with the other guys.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaQ View Post
    CB will now get to play in the SEC Championship and possibly in the BCS Championship games. I think this opportunity is worth burning a redshirt season.
    Best post on the whole subject right here. His redshirt isn't getting burned in the weedwhacker bowl after a 6-6 season.

Anybody with an ounce of fire in their belly would be BEGGING to get a chance at contributing this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by efd840 View Post
    Best post on the whole subject right here. His redshirt isn't getting burned in the weedwhacker bowl after a 6-6 season.

Anybody with an ounce of fire in their belly would be BEGGING to get a chance at contributing this year.
    I saw one of the sports writers comment on Chris Black and his drive to play. They said he looked like he wanted to go in and play every game on the sidelines.
    Roll Tide

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Scarbinsky threw an idea out today. Is CNS going public with this to make Georgia gameplan for the pass more, which gives the running game an advantage? Scarbinsky supports the decision to play Black; he was just thinking if this was an attempt at mind games with UGA.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Scarbinsky threw an idea out today. Is CNS going public with this to make Georgia gameplan for the pass more, which gives the running game an advantage? Scarbinsky supports the decision to play Black; he was just thinking if this was an attempt at mind games with UGA.

Could be, putting so much emphasis on it, will cause them to prepare. Have him not be out there the first series, then bring him in and UGA will expect us to throw to him. Then we hit a nice pass to Cooper.

Kind of like when Yeldon comes in as a decoy sometimes.
    Roll Tide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide13 View Post
    I'm excited to see him get a chance. He's #5, right?
    Yep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    probably a bit of that as well. georguh plays mind games with themselves pretty well
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Lets look in to the Crystal Ball, I guess we'll find out Saturday what He's got.
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.