Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 150
  1. #66
    BamaNation First Team Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    997
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    This is like the best thread all year!

    What a story if it plays out!

    Appears to me Chris was just hammering the coaches to get in there.

    Hey, Coach I'm good let me help, I can help, you'll see!

    This kid plays like the heart he has, we may see a record day in receptions!

    Roll Tide!
    I seem to recall CNS making specific mention - in a presser shortly after the injury - of how badly Chris had been itchin' to play, and of how devastating this was for the kid.

    So you're probably bang on...

  2. Advertisement
  3. #67
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Posts
    5,101
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    Considering that Christion Jones and Trey DePriest both came in as freshmen in the BCSNCG and played lights out, I say play him if we need him. Our leading receiver and second and third leading rushers are freshmen, and we wouldn't be where we without them.

  4. #68
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hopewell, VA
    Posts
    2,547

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaQ View Post
    CB will now get to play in the SEC Championship and possibly in the BCS Championship games. I think this opportunity is worth burning a redshirt season. I really hope this works out well for him.
    especially if his presence is a difference maker in winning and not.

  5. #69
    BamaNation Third Team EddieTorres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Birmingham,Al
    Posts
    21

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    I doubt he plays unless we absolutely need him to, Saban will use him only as a precautionary measure.

  6. #70
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    8,806

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieTorres View Post
    I doubt he plays unless we absolutely need him to, Saban will use him only as a precautionary measure.
    I would hope you're right

  7. #71
    BamaNation All-SEC skipster63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Coppell, Texas
    Posts
    1,449
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    You have to think about Notre Dame as well. If CNS thinks we will need him against them, then he will get PT.

  8. #72

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    Just put Vogler in the slot and throw it where no one else can reach it. He'd be a good blocker, also.

  9. #73
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    8,806

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    especially if his presence is a difference maker in winning and not.
    I don't want to be a nay sayer or negative at all but I can't imagine him being much of a factor, not because he doesn't have the ability to be one, I just know from past experience that Coach Saban is not going to give a youngster dressing for his first game a ton of opportunities in such a big game. He's going to rely on the more experienced receivers like Norwood, Jones, Williams, and a now seasoned freshman like Cooper and possibly Cyrus Jones. I personally don't think Chris will see the field at all unless one of the afore mentioned are injured and again, I honestly hope he's not needed.
    Does he want to play and give up his red shirt? OF course he does. He's a football player.
    But in the long run it's better for him that he be red shirted and I think that will end up being what happens.

    sip

  10. #74
    BamaNation First Team marcusroby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    auburn,al usa
    Posts
    361

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    C.Black came for this type situation. What I have been toldis this, he would have started alongside Cooper from day way if those two had not gotten injured. It was said because they have a work ethic and desire that is much like Julio. Coach Saban loves it. When you mix talent with burning desire, you get all-american type players.

  11. #75
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    4,114

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I don't want to be a nay sayer or negative at all but I can't imagine him being much of a factor, not because he doesn't have the ability to be one, I just know from past experience that Coach Saban is not going to give a youngster dressing for his first game a ton of opportunities in such a big game. He's going to rely on the more experienced receivers like Norwood, Jones, Williams, and a now seasoned freshman like Cooper and possibly Cyrus Jones. I personally don't think Chris will see the field at all unless one of the afore mentioned are injured and again, I honestly hope he's not needed.
    Does he want to play and give up his red shirt? OF course he does. He's a football player.
    But in the long run it's better for him that he be red shirted and I think that will end up being what happens.

    sip
    Then why burn the redshirt in the first place? This isn't gamesmanship.

  12. #76
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    8,806

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    Then why burn the redshirt in the first place? This isn't gamesmanship.
    I don't think he will. That's what I was saying. Just because he dresses doesn't mean he's going to play, and I don't think he'll see the field, thus not burning the redshirt..

  13. #77

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieTorres View Post
    I doubt he plays unless we absolutely need him to, Saban will use him only as a precautionary measure.
    He's going to play. I don't know if he'll be featured, but he'll run some routes. If having that type of speed is something that's needed in order to keep the same formations on the field, and have the same types of outlets...he'll play. And with AJ McCarron if he's open, he'll get the ball. Deandrew and Kenny's ability to stretch the field were important to the success of our offense. Bowman isn't that type of guy.

  14. #78
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    4,449
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Chris Black to make debut against Georgia

    Sip,
    i always appreciate your view but this time I differ a bit. CB is an incredible talent. He must be doing things in practice that has really got CNS attention.

    I think you see him & Cooper running down the field.

    Just because he has worked so hard to come back & shows this kind of heart, I hope he gets to show what he can do.

    Kid like this can spark a team to an absolute blow out of GA.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!