Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: For those who say the students show up at games... Link to article about attendan

Quote Originally Posted by RVTIDER View Post
    Have to disagree with you here. We now have DATA to prove what we have thought the entire time. We are just discussing a way to make it better.
    By saying the same thing from the last 20 threads on the topic? Adding an article to the beginning and saying the same exact thing as every other "students are the only empty seats ever" thread doesn't make it different

2. Advertisement

Re: For those who say the students show up at games... Link to article about attendan

The stadium is not full in any section. Take the upper deck no one wants it. So many complaints but its not just the students I saw a ton of open seats in tide pride areas and other sections during last game they should take those tickets away right?

BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

For those who say the students show up at games... Link to article about attendance

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    The stadium is not full in any section. Take the upper deck no one wants it. So many complaints but its not just the students I saw a ton of open seats in tide pride areas and other sections during last game they should take those tickets away right?
    When students pay the same for their ticket as I pay for mine every year then they have earned the right to show up or not show up or sell the ticket or do whatever they want. If Alabama students want to see how good they have it - ask an Aggie what they pay for their student ticket package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame RVTIDER's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked on TideFans.com

I dont argue with people on message boards so I will step back from this one just watch the thread develop. Although I will say that you have missed the entire point trying to be made here. We have a problem with student tickets that MUST be solved NOW. Are there other problems in the stadium? Sure. If you want to address those problems start a new thread.

Good day.
    God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RVTIDER View Post
    I dont argue with people on message boards so I will step back from this one just watch the thread develop. Although I will say that you have missed the entire point trying to be made here. We have a problem with student tickets that MUST be solved NOW. Are there other problems in the stadium? Sure. If you want to address those problems start a new thread.

Good day.
    HAHAHA do you really think that if I started a thread about TP members not showing up to games, selling a ticket to every game, or buying 10 tickets together with no intention of going that the thread would not be closed? My mother is TP and has had a different person sit next to her every week. People that don't get TP tickets yet should blame the people who take those tickets without using them first.

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    The machine didn't seem to have the power to keep hell week.
    Yeah, but block student seating and ritualized hazing are two completely different things

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post
    When students pay the same for their ticket as I pay for mine every year then they have earned the right to show up or not show up or sell the ticket or do whatever they want. If Alabama students want to see how good they have it - ask an Aggie what they pay for their student ticket package.

I see this argument constantly. I am in an awesome situation right now and I understand that. But I also have no disposable income because I am still in school and don't have a full time, full paying job. Also, my out of state tuition is a ton of money each semester that has to be paid as well

Quote Originally Posted by rolltideallday View Post
    As a CURRENT student I have been to every game this year and find that people on here keep saying the same thing the students say. We don't want the upper deck seats. They decreased the block seating and gave it to first come first serve. That alone would've fixed the problem, but then they gave us the upper deck and nobody wanted that. Sorry they gave us something that no student wanted to be a part of. And I guess I need to apologize that these days, as the university goes national and global in recruiting students, some people that come to UA don't enjoy football and won't use the tickets. They get them and try to sell them to help pay for their bills. I don't know how to fix it but you can't force everyone to like football and it is hard to see which students will use their ticket or just sell them. I despise the students that get the tickets just to sell but I'm not sure how to stop them from ordering tickets.
    I don't want to sit in the upper deck, because I have had tickets in the lower bowl for nine years and pay good $$ to do so. I do not want to get moved for people who show up once or twice a year.

If when I got my tickets nine years ago, they were in the upper deck, that would have been fine. Not my first choice but hey, I am there.

If I am a student and the choice is to sit in the upper deck or not go, I would be there. Plain and simple. I didn't want to drive to Birmingham for every home game in 1987, and half of them the 3 years after that, but I did. It doesn't matter what you want, do the students support the team or not. (obviously you do) but,They do not, not 17,000 anyway.

As an alumnus, I am just tired of the excuses.
    Last edited by TIDE24; November 29th, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-SEC

1 empty student seat the University got $10. 1 empty Tide Pride Seat the University got ticket face value of (much more than $10), plus Tide Pride contribution, plus seat sold for the entire season. Very few Tide Priders by one ticket, either. It's about the money.

Should there be a way to make more money on that seat for a game where a Tide Prider doesn't show and get someone who wants to see the game into the stadium? You bet. I just don't know how to accomplish it, but would love to hear ideas. So would the Crimson Tide Foundation.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American crimsonbleeder's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Mods please stops this thread it has been posted over and over and is pointless.
    Quite the opposite of pointless.

Striking a nerve?
    "No invention in history has been more successful in the collection and display of stupidity than the Internet. "

-Mike Herndon, Press-Register 8/20/08

BamaNation Hall of Fame RVTIDER's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rolltideallday View Post
    HAHAHA do you really think that if I started a thread about TP members not showing up to games, selling a ticket to every game, or buying 10 tickets together with no intention of going that the thread would not be closed? My mother is TP and has had a different person sit next to her every week. People that don't get TP tickets yet should blame the people who take those tickets without using them first.
    I actually dont think it would get deleted if it was discussed rationally and calmly without attacks and sparring. Been here a long time and have seen threads about more controversial stuff than that stay up a long time. It is all about how you say it. Say it the correct way and some good discussions can be had here.
    God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

For those who say the students show up at games... Link to article about attendance

Quote Originally Posted by uaintn View Post
    1 empty student seat the University got $10. 1 empty Tide Pride Seat the University got ticket face value of (much more than $10), plus Tide Pride contribution, plus seat sold for the entire season. Very few Tide Priders by one ticket, either. It's about the money.

Should there be a way to make more money on that seat for a game where a Tide Prider doesn't show and get someone who wants to see the game into the stadium? You bet. I just don't know how to accomplish it, but would love to hear ideas. So would the Crimson Tide Foundation.
    Actually only $5 - student ticket package is $35 for 7 games. Compare that to

Texas - $150
    Oklahoma - $175
    Texas A&M - $225

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE24 View Post
    I don't want to sit in the upper deck, because I have had tickets in the lower bowl for nine years and pay good $$ to do so. I do not want to get moved for people who show up once or twice a year.

If when I got my tickets nine years ago, they were in the upper deck, that would have been fine. Not my first choice but hey, I am there.

If I am a student and the choice is to sit in the upper deck or not go, I would be there. Plain and simple. I didn't want to drive to Birmingham for every home game in 1987, and half of them the 3 years after that, but I did. It doesn't matter what you want, do the students support the team or not. (obviously you do) but,They do not, not 17,000 anyway.

As an alumnus, I am just tired of the excuses.
    I don't think we should get more lower bowl and take tickets from TP. Like I said, when they decreased the size of block seating that alone would've fixed the problem. If the student section has averaged 12,000 for the last few years why do we get blamed for having the same average this year? We didn't want the upper deck and I'm sure we won't have it next year. Please take it. We didn't want it. The demand didn't call for it. Blame the university for giving us unnecessary seating.