For those who say the students show up at games... Link to article about attendance

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
There are some students that couldn't give a blank blank about football. Don't fotget enrollment is up. There are some that maybe don't care about going to a football game and would rather study. There is nothing wrong with that, perhaps the University will do something next season to make those seats that are empty full of fans. Like say the week before the game, they will know how many seats will be emty upstairs and put them on sale, I'm sure they will be sold fairly quickly.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I pay tuition. Which means I am paying around a 1000 for a ticket. Do you pay that? I go to school at the University and keep it running do you do that? I have more right to do anything or not at the University than you by far.

When y'all can fill the rest of the stadium then complain. Plus again it is a school for students and it is student athletes therefor it is for students not you.
On behalf of all Tide Pride members,
I would like to sincerely thank you for providing us with such wonderful facilities that your tuition pays for. I guess the donations and regular price
tickets we pay for supplies the bathroom with toilet paper and running water.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Wow another complaint from the people who do not go to school here and who the games are not even played for. It's for the students. It's student athletes playing for students. Stop complaining and the stadium was not close to being full for the iron bowl except the student section.

These threads need to stop and are pointless. This is real old real fast.
No no no. It's an amatuer sport ruled by big $$$$.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Do you mean you did not poo in the shower, or you never peed elsewhere? Inquiring minds.
both, my paty poo habits will forever rest with the fishes now that the old building is gone. although, i will let you know that i had it much easier than the students do these days.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
A friend of mine posed a theory as to why the new president from Texas Tech left. He was wanting to take on the Greeks, and others at the University (BOT, etc.) would not allow him, so they gave him the option to be fired or allowed to resign.
While I was in T-town for the Iron Bown, I heard the same thing from a current faculty member. I dont' think its a theory, I think its a fact.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Why not get mad at the non students for not showing up? You make it sound like I'm not grateful to go to school here when I work my tail off to be able to. You are making this that I should be grateful to you and alumni..why? Because you pay taxes like I do myself through my job? What makes y'all so much better? I am not saying that student are better now. Not saying the upper section should be students it should be given to others. I'm just tired of so many complaints about students when the same can be said about the general public.
Never said we were better, but it's obvious that you are not grateful to those that were there before you, that have paved the way, and have built the University into what it is. That is a shame. We've been paying taxes long before you were around.

But, you can't say that about the general public. Your fellow students are the ones that had 7000 tickets and did not show up to the Auburn game. When you're no longer a student and do not have the privilege of buying discounted tickets, and you're placed on the waiting list for TP, then your tune will change. Bank on it.

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
both, my paty poo habits will forever rest with the fishes now that the old building is gone. although, i will let you know that i had it much easier than the students do these days.
I dunno. Having somebody else change your diapers is about the easiest thing there is. ;)

Something has to be done. We are winning and they don't want to show up?! People like myself can use those tickets. The WCU game, televised, was terrible. You would think Shula was on the sideline, even Dubose! It's just sad! I remember the 2009 home game right before Auburn, televised and how crowded it was and that was just sad by our students the WCU weekend. Don't blame the economy on this one!

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I pay tuition. Which means I am paying around a 1000 for a ticket. Do you pay that? I go to school at the University and keep it running do you do that? I have more right to do anything or not at the University than you by far.

When y'all can fill the rest of the stadium then complain. Plus again it is a school for students and it is student athletes therefor it is for students not you.
Do you realize that our athletic department runs itself and does not take money from the University? Receiving tickets is a benefit, not a right. Your post is a classic example of those that feel entitled.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Do you realize that our athletic department runs itself and does not take money from the University? Receiving tickets is a benefit, not a right. Your post is a classic example of those that feel entitled.
The entitlement rhetoric isn't availing to either side of this argument.

saraelizabethua

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Oxford, Mississippi

I get what you are saying, but I paid for tuition AND a million hours of my time, sweat, and blood to march in the MDB. Does that make band members like me more worthy than you in any way? No.

Sheesh. The Alabama fanbase would be 50 times better if we stopped the bickering between alums/non-alums, current students/alums, crazy fans/non-crazy fans. We're all Alabama fans.

The message is this: SHOW UP.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
He also must not get that he's going to a public tuition. So umm, AlexD, we help pay your tuition. In fact, we help pay your tuition twice. As taxpayers in the state, and by paying a lot of money to go to Alabama games. As has been pointed out, the athletic department runs at a significant surplus, which means money going back to help pay for things you utilize in your education.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.