For those who say the students show up at games... Link to article about attendance

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
The stadium is not full in any section. Take the upper deck no one wants it. So many complaints but its not just the students I saw a ton of open seats in tide pride areas and other sections during last game they should take those tickets away right?
When students pay the same for their ticket as I pay for mine every year then they have earned the right to show up or not show up or sell the ticket or do whatever they want. If Alabama students want to see how good they have it - ask an Aggie what they pay for their student ticket package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
The stadium is not full in any section. Take the upper deck no one wants it. So many complaints but its not just the students I saw a ton of open seats in tide pride areas and other sections during last game they should take those tickets away right?
I dont argue with people on message boards so I will step back from this one just watch the thread develop. Although I will say that you have missed the entire point trying to be made here. We have a problem with student tickets that MUST be solved NOW. Are there other problems in the stadium? Sure. If you want to address those problems start a new thread.

Good day.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I dont argue with people on message boards so I will step back from this one just watch the thread develop. Although I will say that you have missed the entire point trying to be made here. We have a problem with student tickets that MUST be solved NOW. Are there other problems in the stadium? Sure. If you want to address those problems start a new thread.

Good day.
HAHAHA do you really think that if I started a thread about TP members not showing up to games, selling a ticket to every game, or buying 10 tickets together with no intention of going that the thread would not be closed? My mother is TP and has had a different person sit next to her every week. People that don't get TP tickets yet should blame the people who take those tickets without using them first.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
When students pay the same for their ticket as I pay for mine every year then they have earned the right to show up or not show up or sell the ticket or do whatever they want. If Alabama students want to see how good they have it - ask an Aggie what they pay for their student ticket package.

I see this argument constantly. I am in an awesome situation right now and I understand that. But I also have no disposable income because I am still in school and don't have a full time, full paying job. Also, my out of state tuition is a ton of money each semester that has to be paid as well

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
As a CURRENT student I have been to every game this year and find that people on here keep saying the same thing the students say. We don't want the upper deck seats. They decreased the block seating and gave it to first come first serve. That alone would've fixed the problem, but then they gave us the upper deck and nobody wanted that. Sorry they gave us something that no student wanted to be a part of. And I guess I need to apologize that these days, as the university goes national and global in recruiting students, some people that come to UA don't enjoy football and won't use the tickets. They get them and try to sell them to help pay for their bills. I don't know how to fix it but you can't force everyone to like football and it is hard to see which students will use their ticket or just sell them. I despise the students that get the tickets just to sell but I'm not sure how to stop them from ordering tickets.
I don't want to sit in the upper deck, because I have had tickets in the lower bowl for nine years and pay good $$ to do so. I do not want to get moved for people who show up once or twice a year.

If when I got my tickets nine years ago, they were in the upper deck, that would have been fine. Not my first choice but hey, I am there.

If I am a student and the choice is to sit in the upper deck or not go, I would be there. Plain and simple. I didn't want to drive to Birmingham for every home game in 1987, and half of them the 3 years after that, but I did. It doesn't matter what you want, do the students support the team or not. (obviously you do) but,They do not, not 17,000 anyway.

As an alumnus, I am just tired of the excuses.

Last edited:

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
1 empty student seat the University got $10. 1 empty Tide Pride Seat the University got ticket face value of (much more than $10), plus Tide Pride contribution, plus seat sold for the entire season. Very few Tide Priders by one ticket, either. It's about the money.

Should there be a way to make more money on that seat for a game where a Tide Prider doesn't show and get someone who wants to see the game into the stadium? You bet. I just don't know how to accomplish it, but would love to hear ideas. So would the Crimson Tide Foundation.

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
HAHAHA do you really think that if I started a thread about TP members not showing up to games, selling a ticket to every game, or buying 10 tickets together with no intention of going that the thread would not be closed? My mother is TP and has had a different person sit next to her every week. People that don't get TP tickets yet should blame the people who take those tickets without using them first.
I actually dont think it would get deleted if it was discussed rationally and calmly without attacks and sparring. Been here a long time and have seen threads about more controversial stuff than that stay up a long time. It is all about how you say it. Say it the correct way and some good discussions can be had here.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
1 empty student seat the University got $10. 1 empty Tide Pride Seat the University got ticket face value of (much more than $10), plus Tide Pride contribution, plus seat sold for the entire season. Very few Tide Priders by one ticket, either. It's about the money.

Should there be a way to make more money on that seat for a game where a Tide Prider doesn't show and get someone who wants to see the game into the stadium? You bet. I just don't know how to accomplish it, but would love to hear ideas. So would the Crimson Tide Foundation.
Actually only $5 - student ticket package is $35 for 7 games. Compare that to

Texas - $150
Oklahoma - $175
Texas A&M - $225

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I don't want to sit in the upper deck, because I have had tickets in the lower bowl for nine years and pay good $$ to do so. I do not want to get moved for people who show up once or twice a year.

If when I got my tickets nine years ago, they were in the upper deck, that would have been fine. Not my first choice but hey, I am there.

If I am a student and the choice is to sit in the upper deck or not go, I would be there. Plain and simple. I didn't want to drive to Birmingham for every home game in 1987, and half of them the 3 years after that, but I did. It doesn't matter what you want, do the students support the team or not. (obviously you do) but,They do not, not 17,000 anyway.

As an alumnus, I am just tired of the excuses.
I don't think we should get more lower bowl and take tickets from TP. Like I said, when they decreased the size of block seating that alone would've fixed the problem. If the student section has averaged 12,000 for the last few years why do we get blamed for having the same average this year? We didn't want the upper deck and I'm sure we won't have it next year. Please take it. We didn't want it. The demand didn't call for it. Blame the university for giving us unnecessary seating.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
I pay tuition. Which means I am paying around a 1000 for a ticket. Do you pay that? I go to school at the University and keep it running do you do that? I have more right to do anything or not at the University than you by far.

When y'all can fill the rest of the stadium then complain. Plus again it is a school for students and it is student athletes therefor it is for students not you.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Do what I do, take some PRIDE in supporting the team and make sure the seat is filled. I'm in Tide Pride (upper deck seats thank you! Right on top of the band) and due to my son deciding to play football this year, I couldn't make it to every game and had to sell several tickets. I made sure someone was in my seat every game, even to the point of selling some tickets at a loss. I couldn't stand the thought of my seats being empty!

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Wow another complaint from the people who do not go to school here and who the games are not even played for. It's for the students. It's student athletes playing for students. Stop complaining and the stadium was not close to being full for the iron bowl because of the student section.

These threads need to stop and are pointless. This is real old real fast.
FIFY

If the game was only played for the students, then there would have only been 10,851 in attendance for the Auburn game :frown:.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
FIFY

If the game was only played for the students, then there would have only been 10,851 in attendance for the Auburn game

No do not change what I said. The stadium had thousands of non student seats open.

So is the school not for the students? I must be here for no reason huh?

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
If you think the seats outside of the student section were totally full you should get glasses. There were plenty of empty seats around the stadium
I wear contacts, but thanks for the "advice". Obviously, I didn't say that. Were there a few empty seats scattered around BDS? Sure. But, an entire block of seating that is an eyesore? Come on.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Do general admission ticket holders show some truancy? Sure, but multiple sections of empty seats in student seating sticks out like a sore thumb and the guilty party is easily identifiable. It sucks that the students are on the fast path to 10-12k seating again but it is clear that the additional seating was getting ignored.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.