Link: Monte Kiffin Resigns at USC; Will Return to the NFL

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
You can start the countdown clock on Lame's firing now. Then go the the Catch All thread on Coaches they hire.

Ok

Gruden
Patterson
Peterson
Fisher (both)
And just in from API Coach Saban @ a reported 3 Billion a year contract for 30 years

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
My father (USC grad and season ticketholder) said that the talk since the Arizona game was that AD Pat Haden was going to give Lane Kiffin some options: 1) Monte is no longer DC - find another DC. Monte could be offered some intermediary position b/w USC and the NFL; 2) Give up playcalling duties and hire an actual OC. He's just repeating what he's heard. CLK has called games where his offense looked unstoppable, but he's also called games where he's having a CMS moment. My dad thinks that if Kiffin agreed to the terms from Pat Haden, then Kiffin was buying himself at least 1 more year.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
If I recall, Mike Garrett made the Kiffin hire and from what I have read Pat Haden isn't much of a Kiffin fan. I would think that there is a lot of truth to the fact that Haden probably put out some strong suggestions to Kiffin the younger. Pat Haden is a highly respected AD and USC alum and I am sure when he makes his move Kiffin will be out the door no questions asked.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Lane had to move fast because he had to sew up a legendary DC who has become available - Cheez. Imaging USC with Lane calling the plays and Cheez running the D - a really beautiful train wreck.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.