Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 166
  1. #1
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    69

    Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    First of all good luck to the Tide, I think UGA has a LOT of talent, you guys have better coaches and are mentally tougher and I think you win. Here is strictly by the numbers a comparison of the schedules and stats of the three teams left standing for that NC

    Alabama's opponents record 70-72 (if you take out the FCS opponent then 69-62) Digging a little more the record of the opponents Alabama defeated 59-62 (FCS game not included)


    Georgia's opponents record (FCS game not included) 63-68 Breaking it down more the record of the opponents Georgia defeated 53-68

    ND's opponents record both played and beaten 82-60

    Alabama is 2-1 against teams currently in the top 25
    Georgia is 1-1 against teams currently in the top 25
    ND is 3-0 against teams currently in the top 25

    Alabama is 5-1 against bowl eligible teams
    Georgia is 4-1 against bowl eligible teams
    ND is 9-0 against bowl eligible teams

    Alabama played 4 games away from home. Opponents record 22-24
    UGA played 5 games away from home. Opponents record 31-29
    ND played 6 games away from home. Opponents record 40-32

    Alabama points scored 468, points allowed 111
    Georgia points scored 456, points allowed 212
    ND points scored 321, points allowed 124

    Alabama is 2-1 against teams in the Top 50 in Scoring Defense
    Georgia is 2-1 against teams in the Top 50 in Scoring Defense
    ND is 3-0 against teams in the Top 50 in Scoring Defense

    Alabama is 2-1 against teams in the Top 50 in Scoring Offense
    Georgia is 3-1 against teams in the Top 50 in Scoring Offense
    ND is 3-0 against teams in the Top 50 in Scoring Offense

    Scoring Defense- Alabama #1, ND #2, Georgia #16
    Total Defense- Alabama #1, ND #6, Georgia #22
    Sacks By Defense- ND #19, Alabama #26, Georgia #60
    Sacks Allowed- ND #28, Alabama #51, Georgia #56

    Scoring Offense- Alabama #15, Georgia #17, ND #75
    Total Offense- Georgia #24, Alabama #43, ND #48
    3rd Down Conversion %- Alabama #18, ND #20, Georgia #27
    Time of Possession- ND #11, Alabama #29, Georgia #91
    Fewest Yards Penalized Per Game- Alabama #8, ND #32, Georgia #61


    No matter who plays ND in the championship game, I would say the game will be a VERY close contest.


    I think it will be ND-Alabama
    Last edited by Maverick2; November 29th, 2012 at 10:47 PM.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mobile
    Posts
    4,269
    Interesting stats. One correction:

    Alabama played five games away from home and was 5-0 against teams with an overall record of 30-28.

  4. #3
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    69
    Thread Starter

    Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    Quote Originally Posted by BAMA1979 View Post
    Interesting stats. One correction:

    Alabama played five games away from home and was 5-0 against teams with an overall record of 30-28.
    My mistake, you can go batty compiling this stuff!

  5. #4
    BamaNation All-SEC 45longcolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Warrior 35180
    Posts
    1,439
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    And your point is????
    Both Bama and Ga would be favored against the storied!

  6. #5
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    69
    Thread Starter

    Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
    And your point is????
    Both Bama and Ga would be favored against the storied!

    Well I think anyone looking at it objectively because numbers are numbers:

    1) ND has played a tougher schedule
    2) ND's defense MORE than stacks up
    3) ND's scoring offense lags behind the two SEC teams
    4) Alabama overall stats when you look at both sides of the ball are the best

  7. #6
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    13,083
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    Uh huh. We'll see, won't we. Georgia, Bama, doesn't matter. Dome doesn't have a chance.

  8. #7
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,901

    Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    Uh huh. We'll see, won't we. Georgia, Bama, doesn't matter. Dome doesn't have a chance.
    I wouldn't say Dome doesn't have a chance. Take the crimson colored glasses off for just a second.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

  9. #8
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,431
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    You know what's funny? We're used to argument by statistics. In 2009, Texas had the nation's #2 rush defense - then they watched two stars run for over 100 yards apiece against them. Last year the reason LSU was going to win it all is because they beat Oregon and West Vieginia but we didn't play anybody.

    Notre Dame may win it all, but just like lifting weights doesn't make you a good fighter because bar bells don't punch back, beating an overrated Oklahoma, a vastly overrated USC, and surviving Pitt doesn't impress either.

    Go take a look at the list of guys we've knocked out of games with clean and legal hits the last four years. We have only lost to big game QBs in the last four years - and as of now we don't have any ahead of us.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

    Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

  10. #9
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,431
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick2 View Post
    Well I think anyone looking at it objectively because numbers are numbers:

    1) ND has played a tougher schedule
    2) ND's defense MORE than stacks up
    3) ND's scoring offense lags behind the two SEC teams
    4) Alabama overall stats when you look at both sides of the ball are the best
    Number of teams ND played with players with BCSNCG experience: 0
    Alabama? 2 plus they scrimmage against another


    It's not that difficult to keep team points low when you play Navy and the Big Ten.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

    Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

  11. #10
    BamaNation All-SEC dadleyblane5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Posts
    1,055
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    I think if we played up to how I know we can play, we'd dominate Dame... trust me

  12. #11
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    8,843
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

    Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    You can't have objective stats unless you have common opponents. Even then it's tough because of location, time of year, injuries, etc.

    Comparing schedules....

    Miss State v Pitt - who would win?
    UT vs BYU - who would win?
    LSU v Stanford - who would win?

    Bama's edge is that ND has not seen the depth, the speed, and the athletes of an SEC roster in a long time...

    The last time ND played an SEC school was their Bowl Game in 2006 - losing 41-3


    it may be a blowout
    Last edited by CajunCrimson; November 30th, 2012 at 06:38 AM.
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

  13. #12
    BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    2,811
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

    Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    Enjoy the conversation guys, if you're rude opposing fans won't stay around very long.

    Nice stat compilation. Maybe you should find out the ranking of the other team when they played. I do have to agree that it's hard to compare without a common opponent.

    I hope this game comes to pass because it will show that solid defense is needed to be a champion.



    From my phone with Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

  14. #13
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    69
    Thread Starter

    Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Number of teams ND played with players with BCSNCG experience: 0
    Alabama? 2 plus they scrimmage against another


    It's not that difficult to keep team points low when you play Navy and the Big Ten.

    Playing Navy or Pitt is a WHOLE lot tougher then playing Western Carolina, Western Kentucky, or Florida Atlantic. IF ND EVER played a team like that the media would CRUCIFY them....Those games ARE scrimmages. And if the the mighty LSU can struggle against "mighty" Towson State (12-10 victory) and Florida can struggle against that "juggernaut" Louisiana Lafayette (27-20) ND can "struggle" against ANY team on their schedule.

    These are kids not professionals so ANYTHING is possible.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!