Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    Did you ever think maybe they tuned in because everyone wanted to see ND lose so their team could play for the title? Tons of other schools' fans were watching that game hoping ND would lose.
    Of course that was part of it, EVERY week ND has tons of people watching hoping they lose. I put in a previous post that ABC had an undefeated ND as their prime time nationally tevevised game against BC who had a losing record. They would NEVER do that with any other unbeaten team. And they still got hughe ratings because of the following ND has, and the people who hate them and want to see them lose.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick2 View Post
    Of course that was part of it, EVERY week ND has tons of people watching hoping they lose. I put in a previous post that ABC had an undefeated ND as their prime time nationally tevevised game against BC who had a losing record. They would NEVER do that with any other unbeaten team. And they still got hughe ratings because of the following ND has, and the people who hate them and want to see them lose.
    Yeah, Alabama wasn't on the SEC game of the week against an Auburn team with a losing record. Only ND gets that type of honor.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

I don't know if I would say "never". Auburn didn't win an SEC game all year yet we were the national CBS game this year. Granted, 2:30 isn't "prime time" but it's the premier slot IMO.

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

Anybody that thinks that ND will be a pushover is sadly mistaken. Texas thought that about us a few years ago and we all know where that got them. Hopefully we get our shot this year because it will be a momentous game.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Yeah, Alabama wasn't on the SEC game of the week against an Auburn team with a losing record. Only ND gets that type of honor.
    That game was not on at night prime time. ABC/ESPN puts the games on prime time that they know will draw the most eyes from all across the country. It's all about $$$$

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Anybody that thinks that ND will be a pushover is sadly mistaken. Texas thought that about us a few years ago and we all know where that got them. Hopefully we get our shot this year because it will be a momentous game.
    Texas was done as soon as McCoy got hurt early in that game. Lose your starting QB and have to play a freshman? Forget it. Still think Alabama would have won, but had McCoy played the game would have been tighter.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That game was not on at night prime time. ABC/ESPN puts the games on prime time that they know will draw the most eyes from all across the country. It's all about $$$$
    ESPN gets its SEC pick second to CBS (excluding a couple of weeks because of the package deal for LSU/Bama). That's not ESPN's fault that CBS picked the #2 team to play in the CBS national game of the week. Listen, I understand that not every team and fan base can be as superior as Notre Dame. I really get it. However, you're pouring your Kool-Aid into a glass with a lid on it.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Texas was done as soon as McCoy got hurt early in that game. Lose your starting QB and have to play a freshman? Forget it. Still think Alabama would have won, but had McCoy played the game would have been tighter.
    Again, you make a great point. Texas's #2 rushing defense in the nation really needed Colt McCoy to stop a Sophomore and a Freshman for EACH running over 100 yards.
    Coach Bryant

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Let him prance a little bit fellas. I mean, it has been 20 years or so since Notre Dame fans could prance around with their pinkies out, flicking their noses at the rest of the country letting them know how inferior we were to them. So let him go.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Again, you make a great point. Texas's #2 rushing defense in the nation really needed Colt McCoy to stop a Sophomore and a Freshman for EACH running over 100 yards.
    Ah, yeah when your offense can't move the ball and is constantly punting or turning it over yeah I think the other team is EVENTUALLY going to waer out ANY defense.

Let me ask you this smart guy? How do you think Alabama would do in a NC game having to play a green freshman? Answer that? Let's say McCarron got hurt on the first series in the NC game and was forced to play a true freshman how do you think they would do? How do you think that "vaunted D" would hold up with constant 3 and outs and turnovers?

I know you would win anyway

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Ah, yeah when your offense can't move the ball and is constantly punting or turning it over yeah I think the other team is EVENTUALLY going to waer out ANY defense.

Let me ask you this smart guy? How do you think Alabama would do in a NC game having to play a green freshman? Answer that? Let's say McCarron got hurt on the first series in the NC game and was forced to play a true freshman how do you think they would do? How do you think that "vaunted D" would hold up with constant 3 and outs and turnovers?

Considering Alabama actually plays its #2, and #3 at times, Bama would do better than Texas. BTW - Trent broke off a long TD run in the second half prior to their D being able to get worn down, so that argument is void. Alabama's passing game against Texas was horrendous because McElroy had bruised ribs. AJ was one snap away from losing his redshirt in order to take over. That night did not consist of Alabama successfully passing and running. It was run or nothing since Greg was injured.

And the way a Freshman QB played against ND's defense despite his coach's crappy playcalling, I'm not real worried when AJ McCarron lines up against you.
    Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

All these arguments were played out two years ago.

Mack Brown made his bed padding McCoy's stats late in games instead of getting Gilbert Garrett valuable game experience.

McElroy played Texas with broken ribs, so who knows if a healthy McCarron would have done just as well? Doesn't matter anyway, since 2009 is in the books.

Could Bama's backup QB win a national championship game? Maybe. He's gotten game experience this year, and has a good running game to help him out. Hope we don't have to find out.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe