Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

Re: Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick2 View Post
    Texas was done as soon as McCoy got hurt early in that game. Lose your starting QB and have to play a freshman? Forget it. Still think Alabama would have won, but had McCoy played the game would have been tighter.
    Yes, that helped. I was sorry to see him go down.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    All these arguments were played out two years ago.

Mack Brown made his bed padding McCoy's stats late in games instead of getting Gilbert Garrett valuable game experience.

McElroy played Texas with broken ribs, so who knows if a healthy McCarron would have done just as well? Doesn't matter anyway, since 2009 is in the books.

Could Bama's backup QB win a national championship game? Maybe. He's gotten game experience this year, and has a good running game to help him out. Hope we don't have to find out.

Greg was 6/11 for only 58 yards. Trent and Mark were our stars for the game, so I bet McCarron could have done fine as well. We exposed the "rush defense" of Texas with 205 yards.
    Roll Tide

My Mood

when you look at both sides of the ball
    Football is a team game. That means all of 'em. That's what I tried to explain last year to Okie St. fans. It's not about who has the best O or who has the best D. It's about who has the best team.

You can't disregard half your team and hope to cover up their shortcomings with the other half, whether it's offense or defense. Especially since they're on the field almost half the time if not more. Balance is the key...
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Ah, yeah when your offense can't move the ball and is constantly punting or turning it over yeah I think the other team is EVENTUALLY going to waer out ANY defense.

Let me ask you this smart guy? How do you think Alabama would do in a NC game having to play a green freshman? Answer that? Let's say McCarron got hurt on the first series in the NC game and was forced to play a true freshman how do you think they would do? How do you think that "vaunted D" would hold up with constant 3 and outs and turnovers?

I know you would win anyway
    Look here partner. To keep from wasting all of our time and getting this thread locked. Let's just cut to the chase so we can all move on. You're not going to get anyone on this board to concede that Notre Dame is better than either one of the two teams playing tomorrow in the SECCG. Seeing that your team has been irrelevant for 20+ years, odds are ND is going to have to string together more than one good season and actually win a big bowl game before you re-gain any pre-game respect. We had to do it to re-gain any type of national respect, and so will you. One 12-0 regular season just ain't gonna all of a sudden take time all the way back to y'alls glory years. It is a different landscape of college football. Just as we were told in 2007. And you know what, it's true. It is harder to win, harder to recruit and harder to stay on top. We understand you are very proud of your team, as you should be. But in y'alls 20+ years Rip Van winkle sleep other teams have laid down some very deep roots of winning and winning consistently. The SEC has had three specifically in Bama, Florida and LSU. Again, all those stats you've laid down doesn't mean anything to us. Because we've heard it seven other times going into BCSNCG. We've heard it before. It is nothing more than a waiting game for y'all now. It will either be Jawga or Bama.

But to sit here and say y'alls record against such and such type team has absolutely no bearing on how the BCSNCG will go. Again, many of SEC team heard the same thing many times over. Stats showing how many points such and such had put up and against such and such defense and so on. And 7 out of 7 times it didn't mount to a hill of beans. The crystal ball ended up back in the SEC. The game is played on the field. Not on paper.

It is a telling sign when ESPN cuts to a shot in a local South Bend bar full of Irish fans and they are singing "Too legit to quit" in celebration of beating USCw.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; November 30th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation First Team

Jeez....I'm already tired of Notre Dame being relevant again for 5 minutes just because of this guy. Rest assured, they're going to quickly remind everyone just how nice it's been the past 20 years or so with the domers checking in at the champ sports and sun bowls.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by HartselleTider View Post
    Jeez....I'm already tired of Notre Dame being relevant again for 5 minutes just because of this guy. Rest assured, they're going to quickly remind everyone just how nice it's been the past 20 years or so with the domers checking in at the champ sports and sun bowls.
    The media (specifically Brent Mushberger) has been waiting on either USC or Notre Dame to resurrect to yesteryear so they can flood the air waves and tv screens with how awesome they are. For a lot of folks in the media and across the country. It's been like eating a doo-doo sandwich for the last six years having to watch the SEC lift the crystal six consecutive times.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood

Texas was done as soon as McCoy got hurt early in that game. Lose your starting QB and have to play a freshman? Forget it. Still think Alabama would have won, but had McCoy played the game would have been tighter.
    You just mentioned the unmentionable!!!

1) Maclom Williams - poor guy, TD pass hit him right in the hands. Colt couldn't hep with that.

2) Colt don't play no defense, so 37 points are still going on the board.

3) They had first and goal from the four and got 3 points.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

Buzz, I remember similar conversations with Tejas fans about their vaunted #1 Run Defense. How much can you tell about your run defense when you never face a running team. ND will get their chance to be the one that stops the SEC, but just on the eye test they will have to play their best game all year to be close, much less win. Mantei will get tired against UGA or Bama I guarantee.

BamaNation First Team Johnwants#15's Avatar

All these Notre Dame fans here telling us how good they are and how they belong...
    Brings to mind one question, Are you trying to convince us,, or are you trying to convince yourselves?????

Sure seems like the second.
    Tradition-
    "Cherished by those who possess it, Envied by those without it, Scoffed by those who do not comprehend it and Desired by all who understand it." -Me

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

hrmm by the time all is said and done Bama and Georgia will have played 3 teams in the current top 10. Notre dame 0.
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lafella View Post
    hrmm by the time all is said and done Bama and Georgia will have played 3 teams in the current top 10. Notre dame 0.
    Sssshhhh!!! Don't tell Mr. Irish fan, he thinks he's on a roll.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    I think the bottom line is that these are 3 very good teams. If all teams have a 'good' day, we will prevail. If any team is off a little, they will lose. There will be very little room for error.
    Unless you're Notre Dame. ;-)

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This thread has developed into what I have come to expect when trying to discuss football with almost any of the domer nation... Like playing pick-up sticks with your but cheeks... very frustrating. Given time their "Holier than thou" attitude will always come out!

We get it, Bama or UGA is doomed to fall to the dome.
    “I think that a lot in life comes down to expectations sometimes, and we didn’t come here looking for a moral victory.”— Nick Saban