Objective Comparison of the Schedules and Stats of ND, Alabama, UGA

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This means absolutely nothing. I don't care what the star before their name was.

Dual-threat is what you lost to this year, so again I don't really see any logic to the comparison or to the point.

Schedule talk is meh. At this point, we know who we're playing against. I will say that playing in that cage match yesterday might hurt. But it might help as well. Lots of teams have a tough time dealing with the time off. With less time off, that is one extra week of game mode that Bama was in.
Very much looking forward to the game.

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
Boy, this is the reason I dislike ND more than any other team outside the SEC. One season brings them out like they have won something.
I apologize if some of us have offended you. We are no different than faithful Alabama fans. Some of us are unreasonable, and I'm sure that comes with any team with the following of Alabama or Notre Dame.

I apologize if some of us have offended you. We are no different than faithful Alabama fans. Some of us are unreasonable, and I'm sure that comes with any team with the following of Alabama or Notre Dame.
You didn't offend at all. It's just something that I've observed over time. And I really don't like Granny Holtz either, he's the main problem.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
This means absolutely nothing. I don't care what the star before their name was.

Dual-threat is what you lost to this year, so again I don't really see any logic to the comparison or to the point.

Schedule talk is meh. At this point, we know who we're playing against. I will say that playing in that cage match yesterday might hurt. But it might help as well. Lots of teams have a tough time dealing with the time off. With less time off, that is one extra week of game mode that Bama was in.
You've made some pretty... interesting... comparisons in this thread, but comparing Golson to Manziel might be the "best" yet...

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
Awesome. That's Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies, and Coach Holtz. I heard Granny was from SEC country, and Coach Holtz did some work with your conference too. I don't know much about Granny, but Coach Holtz did a fine job at Notre Dame, and South Carolina. Thanks for posting the photos.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
If UA brings their best game ND will not win the game and it will not be close, but I have yet to see UA bring our best game. I think the game will be a lot better than many expect. This ND team reminds me alot of the 2002 OSU team that everyone said had no chance against Miami and we saw how that turned out. Not saying the same thing will happen but this ND may not have won pretty and especially against some not so impressive teams, but in 2009 UA had to bloack a FG against a bad UT team to go on to win it all.

Again UA is the better team, but we will need to play 4qtrs. I look forward to the game.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
You've made some pretty... interesting... comparisons in this thread, but comparing Golson to Manziel might be the "best" yet...
Definitely not making any sort of production comparison. But it was pointed out that LSU was able to pass on you (by a bama poster), yet Mettenberger was a "4 star pro style" and was Golson is a "3 star dual threat." I felt the star ratings were irrelevant, and pointed out that a dual threat QB actually gave Bama problems this year, which is what Golson is.

Golson isn't Manziel, no doubt. But he provides the same element. I'd actually feel more comfortable if CNS hadn't seen a dual threat this year. Your D has experienced it already, on a better level, so they will obviously more exhaustively scheme for it.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
Definitely not making any sort of production comparison. But it was pointed out that LSU was able to pass on you (by a bama poster), yet Mettenberger was a "4 star pro style" and was Golson is a "3 star dual threat." I felt the star ratings were irrelevant, and pointed out that a dual threat QB actually gave Bama problems this year, which is what Golson is.

Golson isn't Manziel, no doubt. But he provides the same element. I'd actually feel more comfortable if CNS hadn't seen a dual threat this year. Your D has experienced it already, on a better level, so they will obviously more exhaustively scheme for it.
...and on a worse level because of Denard Robinson :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Notre Dame is Ted Danson

Tha name sounds familiar
Used to be quite famous
had a prime time hit on NBC
Most of their fans are over 50
They occasionally Make me laugh
And one of them has seen Whoopi naked ;)

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
Notre Dame is Ted Danson

Tha name sounds familiar
Used to be quite famous
had a prime time hit on NBC
Most of their fans are over 50
They occasionally Make me laugh
And one of them has seen Whoopi naked ;)
Oh Lord!!!! My EYES!!!!! Oh wait, we haven't seen that naked. Thank you, Jesus!

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
...and on a worse level because of Denard Robinson :)
LOLOLOLOL. If you mean worse for his own team, then yes.

D-Rob leaving college football is nostalgic. I went to Michigan, yet bleed ND through and through no matter what; but D-Rob provided some crazy games for UM. It is almost sad seeing him have a bad senior year. I think you guys knocked him of his axis.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Golson provides essentially the same "dual threat" that Bo Wallace does for Ole Miss.... which ain't even on the same planet with Johnny Manziel. Stop it.

Wallace:

63.4% / 2,843 yards / 8.5 YPA / 19 TD's
135 carries / 363 yards / 2.69 YPC / 8 TD's

Golson:

58.9% / 2,135 yards / 7.6 YPA / 11 TD's
89 carries / 305 yards / 3.43 YPC / 5 TD's

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Golson provides essentially the same "dual threat" that Bo Wallace does for Ole Miss.... which ain't even on the same planet with Johnny Manziel. Stop it.

Wallace:

63.4% / 2,843 yards / 8.5 YPA / 19 TD's
135 carries / 363 yards / 2.69 YPC / 8 TD's

Golson:

58.9% / 2,135 yards / 7.6 YPA / 11 TD's
89 carries / 305 yards / 3.43 YPC / 5 TD's
Bro, Bo Wallace went undefeated for East Mississippi last year and set the NJCAA single-season records for passing yards, total yards, and touchdown passes (53). EG is a redshirt freshman. Not a fair comparison at all.

It isn't always about the carries with Golson. He is a dual-threat throw first, which is exactly what we want. When it is 3rd and 8 and we have to pass, he can make a play with his legs and moves the chains, and has consistently grown throughout the year. It is why we are #20 in third down conversion percentage. His growth is evinced by our 3rd down conversion rates jumping from 42% to 56% from September to November.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Bro, Bo Wallace went undefeated for East Mississippi last year and set the NJCAA single-season records for passing yards, total yards, and touchdown passes (53). EG is a redshirt freshman. Not a fair comparison at all.

It isn't always about the carries with Golson. He is a dual-threat throw first, which is exactly what we want. When it is 3rd and 8 and we have to pass, he can make a play with his legs and moves the chains, and has consistently grown throughout the year. It is why we are #20 in third down conversion percentage. His growth is evinced by our 3rd down conversion rates jumping from 42% to 56% from September to November.
So you're saying that between Wallace and Golson, Wallace is the better quarterback? And we should fear Golson? :conf3:

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012

Western Kentucky is 19th in 3rd down conversions... they got beat 35-0 by Bama.

ND converts 42.5% of 3rd downs against ranked opponents, good for 25th.... Michigan converts 43.5% of 3rd downs against ranked opponents, good for 20th... they got beat 41-14 by Bama.

Ole Miss converts 39.7% of 3rd downs against ranked opponents, less than 3% difference from Notre Dame... they got beat 33-14 by Bama.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.