Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

CFN: SEC Preview - Alabama vs. Georgia

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1244434.html

Gonna be a tough one, I think.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement

Re: CFN: SEC Preview - Alabama vs. Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    http://cfn.scout.com/2/1244434.html

Gonna be a tough one, I think.
    Nothing short of a war. Funny thing, the closer we get to it, the better I feel.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Their analysis seems reasonable but I'm still amazed that we gain a tough win in Baton Rouge, one of the hardest places to win in college football, and then come out understandibly flat the very next week and give away a game to arguably the hottest team in college football, and suddenly, the same people who thought we were unbeatable predict us to lose to a team that played two good teams all year and lost to one of them by four touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Their analysis seems reasonable but I'm still amazed that we gain a tough win in Baton Rouge, one of the hardest places to win in college football, and then come out understandibly flat the very next week and give away a game to arguably the hottest team in college football, and suddenly, the same people who thought we were unbeatable predict us to lose to a team that played two good teams all year and lost to one of them by four touchdowns.
    Yah, I'd not be shocked if the first half resembled the Blackout Game a little bit - I suspect we're going to come out ready to rock.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-SEC

The perception is that Georgia has more momentum, but that's only because they played their tougher games in October. They haven't been tested in the last month, while we struggled with LSU and aTm. I think Bama wins this game!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Yah, I'd not be shocked if the first half resembled the Blackout Game a little bit - I suspect we're going to come out ready to rock.
    I truly believe you're correct.

It is the classic "what have you done for me lately" dilemma. That is ok, they will learn tomorrow. I think this is why Saban is pretty calm this week....he knows.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think it will be a close, hard fought game. But in the end, playing LSU and Texas A&M late in the season will help us. We are battle tested much more recently and I think that will make it easier to overcome any adversity that may arise in this game. I don't think UGA will be able to do the same.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm nervous. Excited, though. It's kinda fun going into a game where anything could happen. We've been so dominant the last few years that this feeling doesn't come around too often.

I just want us to come out and play our best football. We'll be ok if we do that.

Roll Tide!
    "Um, that's just like, your opinion, man."

- The Dude

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Very illogical prediction based on their analysis. They state that the QBs will be center stage and that balance on offense will be the key. Then they state that AJ will get more help from the running game than Murray will; yet, GA wins the game. So, they basically throw out their "keys" to the game in making their prediction.

I agree that the running game will be key to winning this game (isn't that usually the case?). Here's what I see. Georgia gave up 4.4 yards per carry or more to six of the teams they played - giving up basically 200 yds or more of total rushing to those teams. Of the six teams where GA "shut down" their running game, only one (FL #35) had a rushing offense ranked in the top 53. Three were ranked 78th or worse.

Anyone think that if Bama averages at least 4.4 yards per carry and gets at least 200 yards on the ground that the Tide DOESN'T win??? This game's going to be won in the trenches and I like our ability to grind this game out.
    RTR

BamaNation First Team

I'm going off the intangibles. Saban seemed in control in his presser, Richt seemed kind of strange, down, more interested in his hot chocolate. Probably nothing. Georgia are going to be tough to beat, should be a great one.

well, just my opinion, but a lot of the "analysis" i've seen on this seems to be folks starting with their conclusion (we would like to see bama lose) and working backwards from there for their justification.

i think we win handily. i do have to say, i love the excitement leading up to big, meaningful games.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    Anyone think that if Bama averages at least 4.4 yards per carry and gets at least 200 yards on the ground that the Tide DOESN'T win??? This game's going to be won in the trenches and I like our ability to grind this game out.
    Alabama is 48-0 since the start of the 2008 season when the Tide rushes for at least 150 yards...

Lurch Backwater!