Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: CFN: SEC Preview - Alabama vs. Georgia

I hate to be the negative nelly but, logically I see this as being a loss for us. We could win, but I would put the odds 60/40 in favor of Georgia.

Why?

Georgia runs the spread offense very well - This has given us issues in the LSU and A&M game

Our Style of Rush - The mush rush works well most of the time but in this case we need quick pressure on Murray or he will tear us apart.

Georgia is talented in both the run and the pass

Georgia is extremely talented on D

Our receiver core is depleted.

Our running back core is depleted.

My best guess on this game is Georgia 24 Bama 16 and I HATE to say it. I hope I am wrong, God I hope I am wrong.
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Very interesting, and telling to me, that all I'm reading about is can our defense step up. I reckon we don't even have an offense.
    RIP Hub

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhm54 View Post
    Georgia runs the spread offense very well - This has given us issues in the LSU and A&M game
    UGA runs a Pro-set offense...

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I think the game ends up being a defensive struggle. Turnovers may be the deciding factor. I beleive Murray will be more prone to pass and thus be more likely to make mistakes since I don't think they will be able to run on us. Whichever team can establish the run will win IMO.

I think our backs are more physical and we have a better O-line which will allow us run the ball effectively enough to hit a few critcal 3rd down passes to keep drives alive. My guess is we win 17-10.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I was worried about this game Sunday morning, now not so much.

I think the difference is going to be the fact our boys have been in MANY big games the last five years. Since losing to Utah to endd 2008 - a game that meant more to them - we are very good in pressure games. We seem to have more trouble when we aren't. I guess we could say aTm was an exception, but Murray is no Manziel. Recall that after three lightning quick drives, he only put nine points on us and we still had a shot to win. Plus, Richt has a habit of coming up lame in big games (2005 WVA, any time nearly against UF).
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

BamaNation Second Team CRMSNtide's Avatar

I hate to be the negative nelly but, logically I see this as being a loss for us. We could win, but I would put the odds 60/40 in favor of Georgia.

Why?

Our Style of Rush - The mush rush works well most of the time but in this case we need quick pressure on Murray or he will tear us apart.

My best guess on this game is Georgia 24 Bama 16 and I HATE to say it. I hope I am wrong, God I hope I am wrong.
    When is the last time Murry tore up a good defense?

And it isn't like we have chopped liver for an offense, in fact our o-line against their front 7 might be the biggest advantage for us.

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    UGA runs a Pro-set offense...

Clarification: UGA is able to spread out the defense, not spread offense.
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team

Why?

Damn, should we even show up to the game ? Seems to me we should go ahead and forfeit based on how you think.

BamaNation First Team

Georgia's defense has given up 1,900 yards rushing this season. Eddie Lacy and TJ Yeldon are the best tandem of backs that they will see all year. Not to mention the Tide's offensive line is extremely talented. I'd argue that Amari Cooper is the best receiver for either team, too. Remember that Georgia has lost two of their better receivers this year as well in Michael Bennett and Marlon Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by CRMSNtide View Post
    When is the last time Murry tore up a good defense?

And it isn't like we have chopped liver for an offense, in fact our o-line against their front 7 might be the biggest advantage for us.
    Bingo

Why?

We've played a tougher schedule that UGA and have a better scoring offense and scoring defense than they do. Where are you getting your info?
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    We've played a tougher schedule that UGA and have a better scoring offense and scoring defense than they do. Where are you getting your info?
    That's what I'm saying. People are reaching for excuses for Bama to lose.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Why?

I see you fixed your classification of their offense in another post. I do ask, though - when did LSU hurt us with the spread offense?

Bama uses the mush rush on mobile QBs. Murray isn't Johnny Football. He's mobile enough but won't require the mush rush.

Talent without discipline and unity doesn't equal greatness.

Neither is 100%, but neither is depleted, either.

With all of your points, you think Bama only gives up 24 and is fortunate enough to score 16? Wouldn't have expected that.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!