News Article: CFN: SEC Preview - Alabama vs. Georgia

Neos

Suspended
Nov 14, 2011
I was more worried about LSU and Texas A&M than I am about this game. I just don't see us losing. Georgia has done nothing all year that makes me go, "Wow, they are the real deal".

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I hate to be the negative nelly but, logically I see this as being a loss for us. We could win, but I would put the odds 60/40 in favor of Georgia.

Why?

Georgia runs the spread offense very well - This has given us issues in the LSU and A&M game

Our Style of Rush - The mush rush works well most of the time but in this case we need quick pressure on Murray or he will tear us apart.

Georgia is talented in both the run and the pass

Georgia is extremely talented on D

Our receiver core is depleted.

Our running back core is depleted.

My best guess on this game is Georgia 24 Bama 16 and I HATE to say it. I hope I am wrong, God I hope I am wrong.
fortunately for us, reality does not mesh with your "logic" ;)

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I'd also say that LSU and A&M had better receivers than Georgia too.
LSU and A&M were better teams, period.
Either would've beaten the tar out of UGA.
I was a little concerned about this game until I started reading all the reasons (like the OP article) why we'll lose.
That's convinced me that we're going to win!

The only area of concern I have is that our secondary has given up the mid-range pass on 3rd-down too often.

Aside from that, I think every other category breaks our way.
I don't think this will be quite the 31-0 first half we saw in the black-out game, but it wouldn't surprise me to see us up 21-10 at the half and really wear them down in the second, winning 35-17, give or take.
And that may contradict what I wrote earlier this week, but the more I study UGA, the less impressed I am with them.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
OK, somebody may have mentioned this but:

ALABAMA
Turnovers: 12 (3 in the aTm game, 2 in LSU)
Turnovers Gained: 27
TO Margin: +15

GEORGIA
Turnovers: 16
Turnovers Gained: 24 (6 in Florida game)
TO Margin: +8

Four of Georgia's turnovers meant nothing, coming in the FAU game. Our turnovers in the Michigan, Tennessee, and Auburn games were meaningless as well. In fact, four of our 12 turnovers - fully ONE-THIRD - are on the SECOND STRING. So we do not "really" have the turnover problem that Gary Danielson talks about. We had 13 turnovers in 2009 in games when the starters usually played the ENTIRE game.

And I think that's what it comes down to - Georgia got 1/4 of its entire season turnovers in ONE GAME against a mediocre offense.

Thus - hold onto the ball and we win. I DO think it's THAT simple.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.