News Article: CFN: SEC Preview - Alabama vs. Georgia

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Their analysis seems reasonable but I'm still amazed that we gain a tough win in Baton Rouge, one of the hardest places to win in college football, and then come out understandibly flat the very next week and give away a game to arguably the hottest team in college football, and suddenly, the same people who thought we were unbeatable predict us to lose to a team that played two good teams all year and lost to one of them by four touchdowns.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Their analysis seems reasonable but I'm still amazed that we gain a tough win in Baton Rouge, one of the hardest places to win in college football, and then come out understandibly flat the very next week and give away a game to arguably the hottest team in college football, and suddenly, the same people who thought we were unbeatable predict us to lose to a team that played two good teams all year and lost to one of them by four touchdowns.
Yah, I'd not be shocked if the first half resembled the Blackout Game a little bit - I suspect we're going to come out ready to rock.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
The perception is that Georgia has more momentum, but that's only because they played their tougher games in October. They haven't been tested in the last month, while we struggled with LSU and aTm. I think Bama wins this game!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

It is the classic "what have you done for me lately" dilemma. That is ok, they will learn tomorrow. I think this is why Saban is pretty calm this week....he knows. :)

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I think it will be a close, hard fought game. But in the end, playing LSU and Texas A&M late in the season will help us. We are battle tested much more recently and I think that will make it easier to overcome any adversity that may arise in this game. I don't think UGA will be able to do the same.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I'm nervous. Excited, though. It's kinda fun going into a game where anything could happen. We've been so dominant the last few years that this feeling doesn't come around too often.

I just want us to come out and play our best football. We'll be ok if we do that.

Roll Tide!

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Very illogical prediction based on their analysis. They state that the QBs will be center stage and that balance on offense will be the key. Then they state that AJ will get more help from the running game than Murray will; yet, GA wins the game. So, they basically throw out their "keys" to the game in making their prediction.

I agree that the running game will be key to winning this game (isn't that usually the case?). Here's what I see. Georgia gave up 4.4 yards per carry or more to six of the teams they played - giving up basically 200 yds or more of total rushing to those teams. Of the six teams where GA "shut down" their running game, only one (FL #35) had a rushing offense ranked in the top 53. Three were ranked 78th or worse.

Anyone think that if Bama averages at least 4.4 yards per carry and gets at least 200 yards on the ground that the Tide DOESN'T win??? This game's going to be won in the trenches and I like our ability to grind this game out.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I'm going off the intangibles. Saban seemed in control in his presser, Richt seemed kind of strange, down, more interested in his hot chocolate. Probably nothing. Georgia are going to be tough to beat, should be a great one.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
well, just my opinion, but a lot of the "analysis" i've seen on this seems to be folks starting with their conclusion (we would like to see bama lose) and working backwards from there for their justification.

i think we win handily. i do have to say, i love the excitement leading up to big, meaningful games.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Anyone think that if Bama averages at least 4.4 yards per carry and gets at least 200 yards on the ground that the Tide DOESN'T win??? This game's going to be won in the trenches and I like our ability to grind this game out.
Alabama is 48-0 since the start of the 2008 season when the Tide rushes for at least 150 yards...

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
We had a conference call this morning and my boss (big UGA fan) was yammering on about how he was getting BCSCG tickets and was working on lining up accommodations in Miami in January. I can't wait to go in Monday morning and offer to take those tickets off his hands. :tongue:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the ajc this week has been down right hilarious. they have an unhealthy obsession with saban. they have articles about how miami hates him, how he is "overrated" and i even saw one that, no-lie, somehow produced "stats" to prove that richt is just as good of a coach as saban. its pretty funny.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I have been watching espn, espnu and listening to radio all week long. There is a lot of talk about what Georgia needs to do, how their defense needs to step up, how Murray needs to play well...etc.

I like the focus on them more than us, it puts a lot of pressure on them to live up to all the expectations.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Seems to be the hot thing to pick Georgia right now, but when you really take a look and compare teams, Bama is a flat out better team, Bama has Nick Saban and Georgia is known folding up in big games.

No reason to pick Georgia unless you just think they will play one of their best games of the year and Bama will be average.

Theres a reason Vegas has us a strong favorite.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
biggest concern to me is getting pressure on Aaron Murray...
if we dont get pressure, he's dangerous in the pockewt...
and our secondary seems to lose coverage when a QB gets time...

If we can establish a run game and keep them from running, then the pressure is on Murray...which I think will be the key to the game...make them one dim ensional...if we dont, thats trouble.

I think we win, but I also think this will be a very tough game...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
biggest concern to me is getting pressure on Aaron Murray...
if we dont get pressure, he's dangerous in the pockewt...
and our secondary seems to lose coverage when a QB gets time...
I'm more concerned with shutting down their running game. If they can't run, they simple WILL NOT beat us. Assuming we can keep their running game in check, we've got this - a one-dimensional team can't beat a CNS defense..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.