Link: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
That's just what's floating right now. Apparently part of Kirby's hang up was with the impending NCAA investigation an AU not wanting to be forthcoming about how extensive it is. This may be nothing more than a rumor or a straight lie but it came through a reliable enough medium that I thought I would pass it on.
Now we know why he interviewed so he could find out how bad the NCAA was going to hit the barn, ha!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Is Smart a candidate for the UT job that is the only SEC spot left open just wondering.
most people think that the UT people are scared of hiring Saban assistants right now as Sunseri was a considered a flop and Dooley got there because of his history with Saban and his daddy's name.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Heh, does Gus scare any of you guys?

Not me. :biggrin2:
Me neither, until Johnny Manziel walked into Bryant Denny. Gus caused us big problems in two of the three games he coached against us. If he can recruit the players he needs, he'll cause us more problems in the future.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Me neither, until Johnny Manziel walked into Bryant Denny. Gus caused us big problems in two of the three games he coached against us. If he can recruit the players he needs, he'll cause us more problems in the future.
One game he caught us off guard. Another game he caught lightning in a bottle named Cam. Unless, he can recruit, nope not scared.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Well if the news is true about Gus going to Auburn and Brett B. going to Arky what does that say about the chances of Smart going to Wisconsin? Just curious if he would have any interest. I would much rather see him go there than anywhere in the SEC. Thoughts?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Heh, does Gus scare any of you guys?

Not me. :biggrin2:
No, not for a second. Auburn is in shambles, and that ain't getting rebuilt any time soon with what surrounds them (Alabama in mid-dynasty, Georgia's well established coach and recruiting, Muschamp turning around Florida, LSU's recruiting dominance). He's got a long haul ahead of him to even get the barn back to average.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
One game he caught us off guard. Another game he caught lightning in a bottle named Cam. Unless, he can recruit, nope not scared.
Recruiting is everything, sure. But Gus move the ball against us in two-thirds of his opportunities. The first year he had a Division II quarterback and they led until the last minute. The second, with Cam, they accomplished the impossible. We've shown this year that we are vulnerable to the spread. When Texas A&M beat us, Gus became a credible option at AU.

He'll have to get players. Auburn, unless they are mauled by sanctions, recruits very well. BVG is still the odd's on choice to return as DC. I wouldn't sell either of them short.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.