Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526

Re: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Does UT look at Kirby now?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Re: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Quote Originally Posted by Tiderollin32 View Post
    Well if the news is true about Gus going to Auburn and Brett B. going to Arky what does that say about the chances of Smart going to Wisconsin? Just curious if he would have any interest. I would much rather see him go there than anywhere in the SEC. Thoughts?
    Right now I just hope it ends up with him staying at Bama.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Phillip Marshall's latest story says Gus interviewed better, so he is now the #1.
    He must have agreed to keep Trooper and to allow Dye to still uh uh uh offer his (cough cough) uh wonderful insight (cough) into the uh uh uh program.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    He must have agreed to keep Trooper and to allow Dye to still uh uh uh offer his (cough cough) uh wonderful insight (cough) into the uh uh uh program.
    Exactly!

Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Quote Originally Posted by Bamapepper73 View Post
    Of course they do, but the job looks like Charlie Strong's to lose at this point
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bamapepper73 View Post
    I believe they are too Sal shocked for another Bama defensive coach.......although Sal really needed more than 1 year as a new DC with a complicated defense he was teaching for the 1st time.

Wisconsin opening up could mean CKS there. That would be a good place for him to get his feet wet because he's essentially guaranteed 7-8 wins each season. I'd really hate to see CKS leave, but Wisconsin is a decent program. He won't have an issue recruiting against Urban (they'll each win some lose some).

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    Wisconsin opening up could mean CKS there. That would be a good place for him to get his feet wet because he's essentially guaranteed 7-8 wins each season. I'd really hate to see CKS leave, but Wisconsin is a decent program. He won't have an issue recruiting against Urban (they'll each win some lose some).
    Kirby is 36 and all of his peers are in the SEC. His roomies at Georgia were Mike Bobo and Will Muchamp. I doubt he is itching to be a head coach right now unless something really extraordinary comes by. Moving to a foreign part of the country to an unknown league and a middle pack job is not enough. He will wait for the next round of SEC openings imo. He has an excellent job at Alabama.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

So what your saying is....Pat Dye's contract has been extended with the Gus hire.

I am drinking a beer tonight to the barn's 2 win season.

RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollinTider1335 View Post
    So what your saying is....Pat Dye's contract has been extended with the Gus hire.

I am drinking a beer tonight to the barn's 2 win season.

RTR
    Doesn't he have a lifetime contract there?!
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Doesn't he have a lifetime contract there?!
    When his ashes blow across Pat Dye Field it will be forever solidified.
    Last edited by CapstoneTider; December 4th, 2012 at 05:26 PM.