Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

He would be the perfect hire for Auburn. Recruiting wise, coaching wise and with their situation I don't think they will attract anyone that is already in a big time position and successful to come and compete against Nick Saban in Alabama and the SEC. If they are "smart", pun intended, they will make him a very wealthy man.

The only thing I think he should be aware of and to contemplate before going there is will he be given full reigns of the team to do as he see's fit. I am sure coach Saban will give him the right advice and sure hope he doesn't go there. Would remind me of how coach Bryant didn't like seeing Pat Dye going to Auburn. But ultimately it will be his decision and where his ego lies will probably determine that.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

I'm not too concerned about Smart going to Auburn. If I remember correctly, he also has interviewed at other jobs last season. And Saban encourages him to interview for the experience.

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

I am not too concerned about the Barn although they could make him think about it by driving up with a dump truck load of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Ya know -- I may be off base.....but I wish some of our coaches would consider that there are three programs that they really shouldn't consider working for ---

Auburn, LSU, and UT ---

They have the rest of the country to peddle their wares -- but interviewing at Auburn is like Robin interviewing with The Joker.....you just don't do that kind of stuff

(love Kirby, but to me, that's a bit uncool)
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MOAN View Post
    He would be the perfect hire for Auburn. Recruiting wise, coaching wise and with their situation I don't think they will attract anyone that is already in a big time position and successful to come and compete against Nick Saban in Alabama and the SEC. If they are "smart", pun intended, they will make him a very wealthy man.

The only thing I think he should be aware of and to contemplate before going there is will he be given full reigns of the team to do as he see's fit. I am sure coach Saban will give him the right advice and sure hope he doesn't go there. Would remind me of how coach Bryant didn't like seeing Pat Dye going to Auburn. But ultimately it will be his decision and where his ego lies will probably determine that.
    NOT
    NCAA snooping around and too many ghosts who have a say in the program make this a hazard zone. Plus, I believe very few coaches are ready to take the helm of a major program - that's a stretch with Auburn I know - as their first major coaching assignment.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm less worried about Smart going to the barn than I am about losing Smart - he's our DC, no matter what the other teams say. Losing him wouldn't be blip-free, I don't think...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

I hope it is more of a practice interview than anything. Like the other times.. I just don't see why he would choose that place, when I am sure he could go to another school that isn't about to be hit with sanctions. We will see.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Practice interview or not, I think it's just wrong to be interviewing at our rival school and the fact that he would be coaching and recruiting against his mentor Nick Saban.

I went to Auburn over the weekend and just felt dirty being in that Pasture, I mean town. I'm sorry, but I just don't see AU being a prime opportunity. I mean with all of the ghosts and clutter that surrounds that program, plus the fact the NCAA breathing down your neck, how would you want to get into that mess.

I hope the administration shows Kirby the money and perks to make him happy enough to stay.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

I don't see anything wrong with it. It is a career and in any other job it would be normal to interview at a competitor. It just wouldn't be as public as the coaching searches are.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

maybe it is an opportunity to sway a recruit or two to Bama!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sad on TideFans.com

I tink that CKS is probably doing it to "keep the peace" so to speak. Good PR . If he doesn't, imagine the fallout from the Whiniest, Cheatingest Village on the Plains. He's way to "smart" to take that job.

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know we have trouble removing our "fandom" from these discussions, but I just can't imagine CKS taking the Auburn job right now.

There is so much uncertainty with the NCAA snooping around, the meddling in the program from too many, plus the risk of having to recruit and coach against the very best.

They've proven that they are not real patient down there.

Me, I just can't see it happening.

But hopefully if he does interview they'll offer him the job and he'll turn it down! That would be humiliating for the Barners!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If CKS ever has aspirations to be the HC here, you'd have to think he knows that taking the HC job at AU makes that improbable, to say the least. I hope he doesn't, but I won't hate if he does. I won't be pulling for him, though!