Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    I agree with you. I guess what I'm asking is WHEN is *U planning on making a coaching hire? If it isn't CKS then we can quickly move on and there is less opportunity for distraction for our players. I guess that works either way--if they hire before or after we go to Miami?
    Gotcha. I heard by Wednesday this week from Del Greco on the morning drive, and yes that would keep us from having to worrying about the hypothetical.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Gotcha. I heard by Wednesday next week from Del Greco on the morning drive, and yes that would keep us from having to worrying about the hypothetical.
    Some talk says Auburn is announcing tomorrow or Wednesday. I doubt it unless a name breaks fairly soon.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Some talk says Auburn is announcing tomorrow or Wednesday. I doubt it unless a name breaks fairly soon.
    I have been on here too long, I correcting shortly after. Thought it was Friday for a minute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaTide57 View Post
    NOT
    NCAA snooping around and too many ghosts who have a say in the program make this a hazard zone. Plus, I believe very few coaches are ready to take the helm of a major program - that's a stretch with Auburn I know - as their first major coaching assignment.
    Do you not think he would be a good hire for Auburn? I know why you and I think Auburn would not be a good place for him but I personally think Auburn would be lucky to get him. Especially with his ties to recruiting in the South and their problems. I don't see any established head coach at a winning program going there so I believe they will be lucky to get a top assistant.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MOAN View Post
    Do you not think he would be a good hire for Auburn?
    I think CKS may one day be a great head coach - only time will tell. Regardless, the barn is a major program and I'm not sure their best move is to hire an unproved coach. Sure, it works out sometimes, but it's a miserable failure others. At this point, I suspect Malzahn is their man based on experience alone.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Do you not think he would be a good hire for Auburn? I know why you and I think Auburn would not be a good place for him but I personally think Auburn would be lucky to get him. Especially with his ties to recruiting in the South and their problems. I don't see any established head coach at a winning program going there so I believe they will be lucky to get a top assistant.

Was Pat Dye an offesive coach? Regardless, I believe they need an offensive minded coach, and I believe that's where they will go. They can not beat us at our own game and that would be Kirby's demise as a top choice......imo. And we are what it's all about for them right now.

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Gotcha. I heard by Wednesday this week from Del Greco on the morning drive, and yes that would keep us from having to worrying about the hypothetical.
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I have been on here too long, I correcting shortly after. Thought it was Friday for a minute
    Sometime this week would be GREAT!! Move along Barners!!!!

Thanks for the answers!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Asleep on TideFans.com

Petrino is the next coach down at the farm. Both he and au are desperate right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I think CKS may one day be a great head coach - only time will tell. Regardless, the barn is a major program and I'm not sure their best move is to hire an unproved coach. Sure, it works out sometimes, but it's a miserable failure others. At this point, I suspect Malzahn is their man based on experience alone.
    I agree its not their best move to hire an unproven head coach but I also think with all the good jobs open and with their problems it may be their only move. I figured Malzahn would rather coach Arkansas or Tennessee but who knows. He took a pay cut from Auburn to coach Arkansas State for some reason. I guess it could have been because of a falling out with Chizik.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    Petrino is the next coach down at the farm. Both he and au are desperate right now.
    I hope you are right. How many times has Petrino beat Bama or Saban?

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

According to al.com and The Huntsville Times, CKS did interview today.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/ind...bamas_kir.html

"Auburn has been shuffling through a list of potential candidates that includes Arkansas State coach Gus Malzahn, TCU coach Gary Patterson, Boise State coach Chris Petersen, former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino and Louisville coach Charlie Strong."

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    When Bama assistants go coach at Auburn, they feel second class. When you feel second class, you drink heavily. When you drink heavily, you say stupid things on the Finebaum show. When you say stupid things on the Finebaum show, every knows it's Pat Dye. Don't become like Pat Dye, and stay at Alabama.
    Thanks , I just spit coke all over my computer screen and keyboard...LOL
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.
    I support PAWS.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I sure would like to know if Earle has heard anything of late on the subject of Coach Smart.

It seems to me that *uburn hiring smart would be like landing the hot new girl for home coming. She sure does look good, but nobody really knows if she is a good girl, if she will put out.
    "The only thing I know how to do is to keep on keeping on...." Bob Dylan