Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Re: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Quote Originally Posted by bnhonest View Post
    I sure would like to know if Earle has heard anything of late on the subject of Coach Smart.

It seems to me that *uburn hiring smart would be like landing the hot new girl for home coming. She sure does look good, but nobody really knows if she is a good girl, if she will put out.

I say give him 2.5 mi to stay at Bama!!! Someone please tell me hes not going to the darkside!!!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Re: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Quote Originally Posted by Tider4653golf View Post
    I say give him 2.5 mi to stay at Bama!!! Someone please tell me hes not going to the darkside!!!!!!!!!
    even Marshall is refuting the story that smart has been hired. so looks like it was a rumor taken from a bleacher report type of site with information from message boards and a blind guess.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

No way Kirby goes to Auburn.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    No way Kirby goes to Auburn.
    Hope you're right! Now I'm more worried about who/what he takes with him than just him leaving. First one to pop into my head was Cochran. They seem really close. Then I started thinking about recruits. Who would he take with him as well? Not to mention all the knowledge of the inner workings of the Alabama program. I feel sick. This is just too much! Plz Kirby say NO. It's auburn!!!

If he takes it, you know Saban won't have him coach in the NC.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    If he takes it, you know Saban won't have him coach in the NC.
    And if ND put 40 on us, all his good work would go up in smoke with a majority of Bama fans who would now consider him "the enemy"............a large segment of the state he would still reside in. It's a huge risk and there is no need for him to get in the middle of that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    Hope you're right! Now I'm more worried about who/what he takes with him than just him leaving. First one to pop into my head was Cochran. They seem really close. Then I started thinking about recruits. Who would he take with him as well? Not to mention all the knowledge of the inner workings of the Alabama program. I feel sick. This is just too much! Plz Kirby say NO. It's auburn!!!
    Surely, being in the coaching community, he has to know if the looming peril down at the cow college. Surely he knows he'd just be a pawn down there. Surely he's Smart-er than that!! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I think CKS may one day be a great head coach - only time will tell. Regardless, the barn is a major program and I'm not sure their best move is to hire an unproved coach. Sure, it works out sometimes, but it's a miserable failure others. At this point, I suspect Malzahn is their man based on experience alone.
    I think he's the one they settle on as well...it's a better fit.
    He's liked by most of the *barn fans, it's a step up for Malzahn, he's coached there before, there are enough offensive players for him work with and he's a solid recruiter (so barners say).

JMO, but if it were Petrino, I think they'd have hired him already. I think they've probably took a shot and offered Strong and maybe Patterson from the get-go, but have had to look down their list.

As for KS, CNS encourages his assistants to interview whenever they have the opportunity, so I read nothing into it at this point other than that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    even Marshall is refuting the story that smart has been hired. so looks like it was a rumor taken from a bleacher report type of site with information from message boards and a blind guess.
    Is this the 3.2 mill per year that Smart has taken the AU job?

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    Exactly! It's not just losing KS, its the trickle down effect with other coaches and our verbal committments.

If he does accept the AU job, he needs to go ahead and part ways and not coach in the BCS championship game. I would not be bitter about him taking the job, it's just the fact that he would not be 100% committed to us or the game, and on the flip side would not be 100% committed to AU coaching in the game. It's really a conflict of interest both ways. Most AU fans can't stand the fact of us winning another championship and their coach would be helping us do that.

Didn't your OC call your game in New Orleans last year after taking his current head coaching job? Why would you not want Smart doing the same thing if he is hired by another school?

IMO, it would be very foolish to do otherwise with Smart.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Didn't your OC call your game in New Orleans last year after taking his current head coaching job? Why would you not want Smart doing the same thing if he is hired by another school?

IMO, it would be very foolish to do otherwise with Smart.
    Colorado St. and Auburn are totally different scenarios. It's night and day.

We don't play in the same conference, reside in the same state, or compete for the same recruits with Colorado St.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Cat View Post
    I think he's the one they settle on as well...it's a better fit.
    He's liked by most of the *barn fans, it's a step up for Malzahn, he's coached there before, there are enough offensive players for him work with and he's a solid recruiter (so barners say).

JMO, but if it were Petrino, I think they'd have hired him already. I think they've probably took a shot and offered Strong and maybe Patterson from the get-go, but have had to look down their list.

As for KS, CNS encourages his assistants to interview whenever they have the opportunity, so I read nothing into it at this point other than that.

Good info.
    They need a fast paced offensive minded coach like Petrino or Malzahn. My hunch is that if Petrino had support from Jacobs, he would already have the job.......so Malzahn is the obvious choice. Certainly they understand that they can't emulate Bama a la Pat Dye, but are going to have to Ying to our Yang. That's how they won in 2010, and will be the reason they hire Malzahn. Hiring Coach Smart would be a disaster from him as well as their program imo.