Link: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
If he is offered and takes the job, I am pretty sure the Boogs wouldn't allow him to stay--it wouldn't be OUR choice. They put him directly on the recruiting trail.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
If he is offered and takes the job, I am pretty sure the Boogs wouldn't allow him to stay--it wouldn't be OUR choice. They put him directly on the recruiting trail.
That's a good point and true. This would be an ugly situation with possible the biggest BCSCG game ever coming up, I just don't believe that he would do it. I do hope that if Auburn seriously wants to hire him and he is tempted that we counter with something.

Bottom line is that I doubt he goes.

TiderB

All-American
Dec 18, 2002
Birmingham, AL
It seems as if Smart is very polarizing to the auburn fan base. Looks to be almost half and half. All of the Tide fans who are paranoid about losing him to auburn have some company on the other side of the state.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Surely CKS knows how things are run down there. For that reason, I don't think he goes. Of course, they'll TELL any prospective coach that they will have full control over the program, but once the ink dries, the movers and shakers with their hands in the mix will come crawling back in. It doesn't hurt to have AU hanging on the vine, though.

Surely CKS knows how things are run down there. For that reason, I don't think he goes. Of course, they'll TELL any prospective coach that they will have full control over the program, but once the ink dries, the movers and shakers with their hands in the mix will come crawling back in. It doesn't hurt to have AU hanging on the vine, though.
He has another program hanging on that same vine as well.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Well the funniest thing would be if he told them yes then came back and changed his mind a day or so later. I could live with that. Like Kouandjio Part 2. :cool:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If he accepts the Auburn job, I think every 'Bama fan alive will take our chances with that. I think it's very naive to think ANY Bama fan would want to keep him on the staff if he accepts THAT job.
He can do whatever he wants and whats best for his own situation - Whatever. But if he does go to AU, I say the odds are at about 0 % he coaches the Bowl game.
Good luck to him whatever he decides.
Wow! So it isn't about championships? You hate your rival more than you want to win? I really do not understand SEC fans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.