Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Re: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Quote Originally Posted by bradley30 View Post
    Colorado St. and Auburn are totally different scenarios. It's night and day.

We don't play in the same conference, reside in the same state, or compete for the same recruits with Colorado St.

Yeah completely different. There is no way Auburn would even want him to coach in the game.
    Roll Tide

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC 37bamagreats55's Avatar

Re: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Didn't your OC call your game in New Orleans last year after taking his current head coaching job? Why would you not want Smart doing the same thing if he is hired by another school?

IMO, it would be very foolish to do otherwise with Smart.
    Boy, this is a softball.

One is Colorado State. The other is Auburn. Two totally different circumstances with about 1 million reasons why we wouldn't want him *Smart* coaching our Bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by 37bamagreats55 View Post
    Boy, this is a softball.

One is Colorado State. The other is Auburn. Two totally different circumstances with about 1 million reasons why we wouldn't want him *Smart* coaching our Bowl game.
    Then you lose on 1/7 - pretty simple. You guys (the fans) are not giving Smart enough credit for your success. Unplug him as you prepare for ND and you lose.

Then you lose on 1/7 - pretty simple. You guys (the fans) are not giving Smart enough credit for your success. Unplug him as you prepare for ND and you lose.
    Not necessarily. Easy to say that, but we have a lot of confidence in CNS. We'll be fine with whatever his decision is.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Give me a break. Kirby won't be allowed to step foot in Tuscaloosa County once he accepts the job. They'll FedEx him his office stuff.

You can't have a guy recruit and plan for Auburn University for 11 hours a day and then try to do the same for Bama the other 12. It's a conflict of interest.

BamaNation Second Team

Where do you think KS has learned what he knows? I believe he's still our head coach. Do you not think that CNS and the rest of the defensive staff could coach our defense to a win with 30+ days to prepare and do it.

On the flip side, I believe you are not giving CNS and the rest of the defensive staff enough credit.

If he accepts the Auburn job, I think every 'Bama fan alive will take our chances with that. I think it's very naive to think ANY Bama fan would want to keep him on the staff if he accepts THAT job.
    He can do whatever he wants and whats best for his own situation - Whatever. But if he does go to AU, I say the odds are at about 0 % he coaches the Bowl game.
    Good luck to him whatever he decides.

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    It's a conflict of interest.
    You can say that again.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

I still have trouble believing this. He knows what has gone on down there and I wouldn't think he would want any part of it.
    RTR!

Guess we shouldn't play the game then if Kirby goes to Auburn.
    Roll Tide

It sounds like it is a foregone conclusion that he is going to AU. Lets wait and see before we tar and feather him. I have to believe, until he shows me otherwise, that CKS is and will continue to be our DC. I believe that this is just practice in the interview process.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

So, although he's just interviewed, y'all think he's gone?! It will be a shot to the gut if he goes there.
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Fish 86-9 View Post
    It sounds like it is a foregone conclusion that he is going to AU. Lets wait and see before we tar and feather him. I have to believe, until he shows me otherwise, that CKS is and will continue to be our DC. I believe that this is just practice in the interview process.
    Look, at the end of the day, Coach Smart has to do what is best for him and his family. Or, at least, what he believes is best for himself and his family.
    I don't know how many of us Tidefans would tar and feather the guy - it's his life. He can live it and we should respect his decision for whatever he decides because he's been a huge piece of our success.
    My point is if he accepts the Auburn job, there is no way on earth he stays at Bama through the Bowl game. Too many variables and a ton of conflicts of interest for him to stay and coach for another month, plus.
    Anybody who believes otherwise, I think, has their head in the sand. While I believe it WOULD BE a big loss personnel-wise, I think it's ignorant to think we'd have NO SHOT in the NC game if he leaves.
    If he does decide to go, thank you Coach Smart for what you've done. Good luck with your new job and in the future, but we don't need your services in the bowl game.
    Am I alone on this one?