Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 11/30 pre game thru 12/1/2012 SECCG Edition

It's the dirty little secret of what's supposed to be the crown jewel of SEC football. Everything about the SEC Championship Game - from the Georgia Dome venue to the Super Bowl atmosphere that peaks at kickoff - screams big-time sports spectacular. Everything but the game itself. The numbers don't lie. They've played 20 of these championship games, and only four of them have been decided by fewer than 10 points. Only one of those close games has been played in the last 14 years.LSU beat Tennessee 21-14 en route to the 2007 BCS championship. Otherwise, since Peyton Manning and UT inched by Dameyune Craig and Auburn 30-29 in 1997, 13 of the last 14 SEC Championship Games have been won by 10 or more points. In recent years, it's been a lot more. In fact, the last two years we've witnessed the largest margins in SEC Championship Game history.
    Scarbinsky: Can Alabama and Georgia save the SEC Championship Game from itself?-al.com

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Alabama and Georgia have a history of battling for elite recruits, particularly since the arrival of Nick Saban in Tuscaloosa. Take a look at six major recent recruiting battles between the Crimson Tide and Bulldogs, with each team taking home their fair share of the spoils.

Alabama and Georgia have a history of battling for major recruits (SEC Championship 2012)-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Alabama's defensive coordinator and Georgia's offensive coordinator were teammates and roommates at Georgia, and they'll meet for the fourth time as coaches on Saturday in the SEC Championship Game.
    No matter the game, no matter the stakes, coordinators Kirby Smart and Mike Bobo will battle (SEC Championship 2012)-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

A look at three star prospects Alabama and Georgia will battle for in the 2013 recruiting cycle.
    Down to the Wire: Three ongoing recruiting battles between Alabama and Georgia (SEC Championship 2012)-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The results show it isn't, either. In Saturday's 49-0 win over Auburn, Alabama put Williams into the game at fullback three times. All three times, Williams knocked his man several steps into the end zone and the Tide scored. Even without that, it's fun to see the 6-foot-4, 320-pound Australian charge onto the field, ready for a little action on offense. Wearing No. 54 and with white, black or red paint on his face, he sends off a different vibe than most in the backfield. "When they see me run out, the crowd goes crazy, and I'm not sure why," he said. "I don't get the ball." Alabama began working with Williams at fullback in the preseason, but the Tide didn't use it in a game until the third contest of the year. That came after running back Jalston Fowler, the Tide's top option at fullback, went down with a knee injury. Now as second-ranked Alabama prepares to face No. 3 Georgia in Saturday's SEC Championship Game, Williams has grown accustomed to getting called for fullback duty one to three times each contest.

Jesse Williams gives Tide a hard-charging, dependable fullback-Daily Bama Blog

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

When asked if he, or anyone representing him, had contact with a representative of the Panthers, Savage said, "No."
    Phil Savage shoots down report he's interested in Carolina Panthers GM job-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Capital One Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Outback Bowl and Chick-fil-A Bowl are all possibilities for the team that comes up short in Atlanta.
    With Florida locked into BCS bowl, loser of Alabama-Georgia faces unclear path (SEC Championship 2012)-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

There not all pickin' Bama.
    Maybe this year, in the second half of the season, that's been the biggest change in No. 3 Georgia (11-1). It helps, of course, when you get to beat up on Ole Miss, Auburn, Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech in your last four games. It also helps when the defense with its all-star cast plays like one and quarterback Aaron Murray acts like he's the top-rated quarterback in the 2014 NFL Draft, according to nfldraftscout.com. Saturday in the Georgia Dome, we find out a lot more about Georgia because No. 2 Alabama (11-1) isn't like most of the gimmees the Bulldogs have played this season and it knows about high stakes games.

The Picker: In play-in game for national title, Richt's Dawgs upset Tide (Charles Hollis)-al.com

Last edited by kyallie; November 30th, 2012 at 11:45 AM.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Three questions for second-ranked Alabama (11-1, 7-1) as it heads into Saturday's meeting (3 p.m. CT/CBS) with No. 3 Georgia (11-1, 7-1) in the SEC Championship Game

TRips: Three questions for UA-UGA-BamaonLine

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Alabama coach Nick Saban isn’t really a stats guy. But all he needs to know about the quarterbacking in Saturday’s SEC Championship game is that the two most efficient signal-callers in the nation – Georgia’s Aaron Murray and the Crimson Tide’s AJ McCarron – are going head-to-head.
    Quarterbacks will be key in SEC Championship game-Dothan Eagle

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The Alabama Crimson Tide and Georgia Bulldogs square off Saturday afternoon in Atlanta for the SEC Championship. The time for talk is almost over, and the teams will take the field with more a conference title on the line. The winner of the game will go on to face Notre Dame for the BCS Championship. We’ve already gone over the reasons Alabama…

3 Reasons The SEC Championship Game Shouldn’t Be Close-Bamahammer