Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 11/30 pre game thru 12/1/2012 SECCG Edition

The Alabama Crimson Tide dismantled rival Auburn 49-0 on Saturday to clinch the Western Division crown and set up an SEC Championship Game with the Georgia Bulldogs on Saturday in the Georgia Dome. This…

Alabama Football: Breaking Down The Georgia Offense-bamahammer

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

For the past five years we’ve tried to bring you sets of numbers and statistics that provide a different glimpse into the world of SEC football. One of the most telling stats we’ve come up with is what we call our Quick Strike measure. Obviously, the goal in football is to put up as many points as possible. The fewer snaps it takes a team to do that, the less chance for errors like penalties and turnovers. Quick Strike provides a simple look at how many points each offensive snap is worth to a given team. Literally, it reveals the number of points scored per offensive play run. But Quick Strike is not just an offensive measure. Special teams scores and long returns can speed up how quickly a team piles up points. Turnovers can provide short fields for offenses. Defensive touchdowns are even more valuable as a team does not even need to run an offensive play and risk a turnover or penalty in order to put points on the scoreboard.

MRSEC STAT ANALYSIS: QUICK STRIKE 11/30/12

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

What’s the opposite of a Quick Strike team that piles up points in the blink of an eye? A defense-first club that forces its opponents to slowly grind out points over a large number of plays. Thus… our Slow Grind measure. Over the past five years we’ve found that a very efficient way of predicting a team’s success is to look at the number of plays said team forces its foes to run in order to score touchdowns. This is not the exact opposite of our Quick Strike number (basically: points per offensive snap), but a totally different measurement (defensive snaps run for every defensive touchdown allowed). Simply: How many plays must an offense run — on average — to score a touchdown against a specific defense? We do not count special teams scores or interception/fumble returns in this equation. This is strictly a look at touchdowns — not total points — allowed by a team as compared to how many snaps a defensive unit was on the field. Still, however, special teams and offensive production do factor in overall. A good special teams unit will pin an opponent deep in its own end, forcing it to string together multiple plays to score (and with each additional snap run, there’s a greater chance for a turnover). Steady, grind-it-out offenses can also eat up clock and limit a foe’s time of possession.

MRSEC.COM STAT ANALYSIS: SLOW GRIND 11/30/12

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

If they keep on with this "Gumer" nonsense. they may miss out on a qulity coach...I hope!
    The Chattanooga Times Free Press got Tennessee fans all a-Twitter yesterday with a late night story claiming that ESPN analyst Jon Gruden — the Vols’ great white whale — had a contract offer in hand and was mulling a serious job offer from Tennessee. And yes, this story has officially become the thing that wouldn’t leave.The paper claimed sources (plural) had confirmed that Gruden was indeed back in play for UT: “‘Right now, the money is there for him (Gruden), but they aren’t as close as he would like for his assistants,’ one source said. ‘It could happen as soon as this weekend or go into next week, but he’s pretty firm where he is and has already spoken with guys he wants to be on the staff with him.’ According to a different source, ‘He’s told them they aren’t close enough on money for the staff. He’s very interested, but if they don’t come up with what they need for the assistants, he’s told them he’s out.”

GRUDEN FEVER EXPLODES AGAIN IN TENNESSEE WITH CHATTANOOGA REPORT; BUT NO PROOF YET-MrSEC

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I saw that game, great performance by T W....can't that for te team though. At least they went out a winner with a BCS Bowl, going into the ACC.

GUTSY BRIDGEWATER HELPS LOUISVILLE GRAB SHARE OF BIG EAST TITLE, BCS BERTH-CFT

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I saw it om my twitterf eed, and I knew it was Ashoff, he's a thinly disguised Bama Hater. I'll post it if you won't to read it. Low is balanced in his coverage..can't say the same for E.A.

Last year's Dome disaster motivates Dawgs-SEC BLOG ESPN