Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Dennis Dodd doing his best to fire up Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Dennis Dodd, andd his weaselly little voice, is what I think of anytime I think of a sportwriter/blogger/whatever.
    He's a d-bag that's disliked Alabama for as long as I can remember. A lot of those people at CBS sports can't stand Alabama and basically root against us in every big game we play.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Didn't he say last year that LSU should get a split in the title, even if they lost? Then he changed his tune after we shut them out.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You just can't teach an Old Dog new tricks.

Same ole song. It didn't work last year & won't this time. After listening to CNS last night I'm feeling pretty good about tomorrow so hype on the Rocky stuff just remember he lost that fight.

BamaNation First Team Johnwants#15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    You just can't teach an Old Dog new tricks.

Same ole song. It didn't work last year & won't this time. After listening to CNS last night I'm feeling pretty good about tomorrow so hype on the Rocky stuff just remember he lost that fight.
    I say make up your mind,,, Are you Rocky,-smaller, less talented, less experienced, frankly unqualified for the opportunity? Or are you "more talented at every position", bigger stronger,more playmakers and more NFL talent with a better resume?

The analogies don't match up.... I know it's your story and your sticking toit, just pick a storyline to follow,cause it any be both. Just sayin.....
    Tradition-
    "Cherished by those who possess it, Envied by those without it, Scoffed by those who do not comprehend it and Desired by all who understand it." -Me

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Crappy on TideFans.com

So, let me get this straight. Georgia needs firing up? Playing for the SEC Title and a trip to the BCS National Title Game to play Notre Dame is not motivation enough for them? They need some lame, washed up "writer" to stir the pot in order for them to get motivated? That is sad.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    He's a d-bag that's disliked Alabama for as long as I can remember. A lot of those people at CBS sports can't stand Alabama and basically root against us in every big game we play.
    I say - let'um hate! I could care less about the opinions of most of these so-called football "experts", and I could care less about who they pull for. It doesn't make one bit of difference in the outcome of the game.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    In 2008, Georgia started the season as +200 to win the conference. Alabama was +650. I cannot find the line for the 2008 match-up. I'm still very much aware that Alabama is not familiar with the underdog role thanks to our guest.
    It was -6.5, Georgia being favored.

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Crappy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by miggy402 View Post
    It was -6.5, Georgia being favored.
    That's the night that the lights went out in Georgia!
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Dennis Dodd...didn't he used to be a writer or sportscaster or something? What's he been up to in recent years?
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    Did anyone give Bama a chance this year? All I heard at the beginning of the season was that Bama was living in a dream world, they lost so much to the pro's that there is no way they can repeat. Well guess what, Bama has shut up that talk and are back on the main stage and one more win puts us in the big dance. Jawja better bring their "A" game cause I got a feeling Bama will come out of the gate "snot slinging mad". If you're not delusional you'll realize that you escaped Florida by the skin of your teeth, the same way Bama escaped LSU. Be glad that you didn't have to play LSU and TAMU regular season. Forget about '05' this is a different team.
    Capn frog,i personally believe its ignorant for anyone that claims to be a fan of the game to laugh or scoff at bama. I also believe its really ignorant for anyone whos knowledgeable not to give a program coached by nick saban any chance to be successful. The fact that you guys have won 14 national championships as well as 22 s.e.c championships(26 if you include the four yall won back during the old southern conference days is nothing to laugh at. Especially when you consider that in many cases that our conference championship game is tougher than the national game itsself. I agree with you that we barely escaped florida,however our defense won that game for us. We sacked jeff driskell four times,not an easy task considering hes one of the most mobile qb,s in the nation and picked him off three times and also forced three fumbles. This dork dennis dodd claims that the reputation of our program is on the line against bama tomorrow?? I also think any body that agrees with that is not very knowledgeable. We have a lot of winning tradition around here as well,though not on pars with bamas(but than again whos is??). Many of the posters here want to try and equate us with auburn and thats just nuts in my opinion. We have won 12 conference championships to their five(and thats including their co championships of 88 and 89). We have won 4 national championships to their 2,our all time bowl record,overall winning pecentage and all time wins also much higher. We HATE AUBURN,maybe not to the degree yall do,but we hate them and as far as tradition goes,theirs doesnt measure up to ours by any means and the all time stats and records bear that out. Many of these television gurus and college football insiders dont give us much of a chance tomorrow. The only ones that have predicted us to win that ive heard so far are the usual homers,tony barnhart,david pollack and matt stinchcomb and pollack and stinch both played for coach richt. I have heard some say we are more talented but in the end that doesnt matter at all in my opinion. Bamas defense is top notch,ive said it before and ill say it again,bamas defense plays as a cohesive unit on a consistent basis every saturday. Seldom if ever will you see blown gap or coverage assignments from bamas defense. I honestly cant say the same for our guys. Sure we have the talent to win and compete with anybody but unless our defense maintains their blocking and coverage assignments and plays smart football we will not win tomorrow. I know its difficult to ignore these so called experts on the tv but you guys know your top notch and quality in all three phases. Should be a good game tomorrow and i just hope our defense decides to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    Capn frog,i personally believe its ignorant for anyone that claims to be a fan of the game to laugh or scoff at bama. I also believe its really ignorant for anyone whos knowledgeable not to give a program coached by nick saban any chance to be successful. The fact that you guys have won 14 national championships as well as 22 s.e.c championships(26 if you include the four yall won back during the old southern conference days is nothing to laugh at. Especially when you consider that in many cases that our conference championship game is tougher than the national game itsself. I agree with you that we barely escaped florida,however our defense won that game for us. We sacked jeff driskell four times,not an easy task considering hes one of the most mobile qb,s in the nation and picked him off three times and also forced three fumbles. This dork dennis dodd claims that the reputation of our program is on the line against bama tomorrow?? I also think any body that agrees with that is not very knowledgeable. We have a lot of winning tradition around here as well,though not on pars with bamas(but than again whos is??). Many of the posters here want to try and equate us with auburn and thats just nuts in my opinion. We have won 12 conference championships to their five(and thats including their co championships of 88 and 89). We have won 4 national championships to their 2,our all time bowl record,overall winning pecentage and all time wins also much higher. We HATE AUBURN,maybe not to the degree yall do,but we hate them and as far as tradition goes,theirs doesnt measure up to ours by any means and the all time stats and records bear that out. Many of these television gurus and college football insiders dont give us much of a chance tomorrow. The only ones that have predicted us to win that ive heard so far are the usual homers,tony barnhart,david pollack and matt stinchcomb and pollack and stinch both played for coach richt. I have heard some say we are more talented but in the end that doesnt matter at all in my opinion. Bamas defense is top notch,ive said it before and ill say it again,bamas defense plays as a cohesive unit on a consistent basis every saturday. Seldom if ever will you see blown gap or coverage assignments from bamas defense. I honestly cant say the same for our guys. Sure we have the talent to win and compete with anybody but unless our defense maintains their blocking and coverage assignments and plays smart football we will not win tomorrow. I know its difficult to ignore these so called experts on the tv but you guys know your top notch and quality in all three phases. Should be a good game tomorrow and i just hope our defense decides to show up.
    i guess in Athens enter keys are as rare as indoor practice facilities
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Whats up 92?? What do you think buddy?? I think you guys win by 10-14.

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    Whats up 92?? What do you think buddy?? I think you guys win by 10-14.
    i've been thinking us 32-35 and y'all 14-17, with most of yall points coming early and yall may even be up in the first quarter. we pile on with a late score off of a pick or a punt return.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon