Dennis Dodd doing his best to fire up Georgia

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Keep telling yourself that. Nobody ever laughed at bama. To do so would be foolish. Nothing but respect for bama here. We actually like this rocky balboa role we have been thrust into and perform better when no one gives us a chance. The same way no one gave us a chance against florida this year or against lsu in the 05 title game.
Did anyone give Bama a chance this year? All I heard at the beginning of the season was that Bama was living in a dream world, they lost so much to the pro's that there is no way they can repeat. Well guess what, Bama has shut up that talk and are back on the main stage and one more win puts us in the big dance. Jawja better bring their "A" game cause I got a feeling Bama will come out of the gate "snot slinging mad". If you're not delusional you'll realize that you escaped Florida by the skin of your teeth, the same way Bama escaped LSU. Be glad that you didn't have to play LSU and TAMU regular season. Forget about '05' this is a different team.

Johnwants#15

1st Team
Nov 30, 2005
Did anyone give Bama a chance this year? All I heard at the beginning of the season was that Bama was living in a dream world, they lost so much to the pro's that there is no way they can repeat. Well guess what, Bama has shut up that talk and are back on the main stage and one more win puts us in the big dance. Jawja better bring their "A" game cause I got a feeling Bama will come out of the gate "snot slinging mad". If you're not delusional you'll realize that you escaped Florida by the skin of your teeth, the same way Bama escaped LSU. Be glad that you didn't have to play LSU and TAMU regular season. Forget about '05' this is a different team.

^^^^^^^^^this.

Same ole dawgs,,, weakest schedule in the conference, yet still manage to get blown out once out of the 2 decent games they played. Awful non conference competition and they end the year against a cast of cupcakes so they are suddenly. "the hottest team in the conference" and have suddenly found toughness.... Same old dawgs.
Then the smack starts... Same old dawgs.

Yes, they can beat us, but I still say they are the same under achieving team as always. Tons of talent, very little heart.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You honestly believe no one laughed at Alabama? Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

No one gave Georgia a chance last year, either. How'd that turn out? You have "been thrust" into a "rocky balboa role" because you got whipped. No one threw you in that role. The team put themselves in it, just like Alabama put itself in a difficult situation with the A&M loss. No one gave you a chance against Florida, and no one saw Georgia only winning by 17-9 because Florida had 6 turnovers.

I'm tired of hearing about Georgia being seen as the underdog for this game. Vegas has Bama favored, but the talking heads continue to praise UGA the same as Bama. On November 11, Bama fans were told that UGA was going to beat them.
the only ones that have thrust UGA into the rocky balboa role is UGA. they seem to be spending a lot of effort and energy doing so

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
^^^^^^^^^this.

Same ole dawgs,,, weakest schedule in the conference, yet still manage to get blown out once out of the 2 decent games they played. Awful non conference competition and they end the year against a cast of cupcakes so they are suddenly. "the hottest team in the conference" and have suddenly found toughness.... Same old dawgs.
Then the smack starts... Same old dawgs.

Yes, they can beat us, but I still say they are the same under achieving team as always. Tons of talent, very little heart.

No discipline either. They had 132 yards of penalties in the Florida game.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Dennis Dodd, andd his weaselly little voice, is what I think of anytime I think of a sportwriter/blogger/whatever.
He's a d-bag that's disliked Alabama for as long as I can remember. A lot of those people at CBS sports can't stand Alabama and basically root against us in every big game we play.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Didn't he say last year that LSU should get a split in the title, even if they lost? Then he changed his tune after we shut them out.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
You just can't teach an Old Dog new tricks.

Same ole song. It didn't work last year & won't this time. After listening to CNS last night I'm feeling pretty good about tomorrow so hype on the Rocky stuff just remember he lost that fight.

Johnwants#15

1st Team
Nov 30, 2005
You just can't teach an Old Dog new tricks.

Same ole song. It didn't work last year & won't this time. After listening to CNS last night I'm feeling pretty good about tomorrow so hype on the Rocky stuff just remember he lost that fight.
I say make up your mind,,, Are you Rocky,-smaller, less talented, less experienced, frankly unqualified for the opportunity? Or are you "more talented at every position", bigger stronger,more playmakers and more NFL talent with a better resume?

The analogies don't match up.... I know it's your story and your sticking toit, just pick a storyline to follow,cause it any be both. Just sayin.....

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
So, let me get this straight. Georgia needs firing up? Playing for the SEC Title and a trip to the BCS National Title Game to play Notre Dame is not motivation enough for them? They need some lame, washed up "writer" to stir the pot in order for them to get motivated? That is sad.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
He's a d-bag that's disliked Alabama for as long as I can remember. A lot of those people at CBS sports can't stand Alabama and basically root against us in every big game we play.
I say - let'um hate! I could care less about the opinions of most of these so-called football "experts", and I could care less about who they pull for. It doesn't make one bit of difference in the outcome of the game.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Capn frog,i personally believe its ignorant for anyone that claims to be a fan of the game to laugh or scoff at bama. I also believe its really ignorant for anyone whos knowledgeable not to give a program coached by nick saban any chance to be successful. The fact that you guys have won 14 national championships as well as 22 s.e.c championships(26 if you include the four yall won back during the old southern conference days is nothing to laugh at. Especially when you consider that in many cases that our conference championship game is tougher than the national game itsself. I agree with you that we barely escaped florida,however our defense won that game for us. We sacked jeff driskell four times,not an easy task considering hes one of the most mobile qb,s in the nation and picked him off three times and also forced three fumbles. This dork dennis dodd claims that the reputation of our program is on the line against bama tomorrow?? I also think any body that agrees with that is not very knowledgeable. We have a lot of winning tradition around here as well,though not on pars with bamas(but than again whos is??). Many of the posters here want to try and equate us with auburn and thats just nuts in my opinion. We have won 12 conference championships to their five(and thats including their co championships of 88 and 89). We have won 4 national championships to their 2,our all time bowl record,overall winning pecentage and all time wins also much higher. We HATE AUBURN,maybe not to the degree yall do,but we hate them and as far as tradition goes,theirs doesnt measure up to ours by any means and the all time stats and records bear that out. Many of these television gurus and college football insiders dont give us much of a chance tomorrow. The only ones that have predicted us to win that ive heard so far are the usual homers,tony barnhart,david pollack and matt stinchcomb and pollack and stinch both played for coach richt. I have heard some say we are more talented but in the end that doesnt matter at all in my opinion. Bamas defense is top notch,ive said it before and ill say it again,bamas defense plays as a cohesive unit on a consistent basis every saturday. Seldom if ever will you see blown gap or coverage assignments from bamas defense. I honestly cant say the same for our guys. Sure we have the talent to win and compete with anybody but unless our defense maintains their blocking and coverage assignments and plays smart football we will not win tomorrow. I know its difficult to ignore these so called experts on the tv but you guys know your top notch and quality in all three phases. Should be a good game tomorrow and i just hope our defense decides to show up.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Capn frog,i personally believe its ignorant for anyone that claims to be a fan of the game to laugh or scoff at bama. I also believe its really ignorant for anyone whos knowledgeable not to give a program coached by nick saban any chance to be successful. The fact that you guys have won 14 national championships as well as 22 s.e.c championships(26 if you include the four yall won back during the old southern conference days is nothing to laugh at. Especially when you consider that in many cases that our conference championship game is tougher than the national game itsself. I agree with you that we barely escaped florida,however our defense won that game for us. We sacked jeff driskell four times,not an easy task considering hes one of the most mobile qb,s in the nation and picked him off three times and also forced three fumbles. This dork dennis dodd claims that the reputation of our program is on the line against bama tomorrow?? I also think any body that agrees with that is not very knowledgeable. We have a lot of winning tradition around here as well,though not on pars with bamas(but than again whos is??). Many of the posters here want to try and equate us with auburn and thats just nuts in my opinion. We have won 12 conference championships to their five(and thats including their co championships of 88 and 89). We have won 4 national championships to their 2,our all time bowl record,overall winning pecentage and all time wins also much higher. We HATE AUBURN,maybe not to the degree yall do,but we hate them and as far as tradition goes,theirs doesnt measure up to ours by any means and the all time stats and records bear that out. Many of these television gurus and college football insiders dont give us much of a chance tomorrow. The only ones that have predicted us to win that ive heard so far are the usual homers,tony barnhart,david pollack and matt stinchcomb and pollack and stinch both played for coach richt. I have heard some say we are more talented but in the end that doesnt matter at all in my opinion. Bamas defense is top notch,ive said it before and ill say it again,bamas defense plays as a cohesive unit on a consistent basis every saturday. Seldom if ever will you see blown gap or coverage assignments from bamas defense. I honestly cant say the same for our guys. Sure we have the talent to win and compete with anybody but unless our defense maintains their blocking and coverage assignments and plays smart football we will not win tomorrow. I know its difficult to ignore these so called experts on the tv but you guys know your top notch and quality in all three phases. Should be a good game tomorrow and i just hope our defense decides to show up.
i guess in Athens enter keys are as rare as indoor practice facilities ;)

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
Can we not treat fellow CFB fans with a little more respect, regardless of who they root for and what their opinions are? :(
I think it's nice to have a Georgia fan actively posting around game week! I also can see where he's coming from with some of his posts.

Anyway, on topic, Dodd's doing his job. I don't care for his writing and all the "Notre Dame is the real deal!!" every year, but it attracts so many people and that's just what they want.
Still really don't like him, though! :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.