Dennis Dodd doing his best to fire up Georgia

kat4bama

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2009
This eerily reminds me of when we played trash talking miami for the NC. UGA players talking smack. Hope it turns out the same way.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I hope we start a pregame thread early. Tomorrow morning will be a long morning! I just want this game to get here. I have read and watched all the breakdowns of the game, my mind is in an overload.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Keep telling yourself that. Nobody ever laughed at bama. To do so would be foolish. Nothing but respect for bama here. We actually like this rocky balboa role we have been thrust into and perform better when no one gives us a chance. The same way no one gave us a chance against florida this year or against lsu in the 05 title game.
I'm not referring to you; but college fans around boards? Oh, it was terrible.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm sorry, maybe I missed it. I don't care much for Dennis Clod, but I really didn't see anything to get all worked up about. We most certainly are more vulnerable (at least by appearances) than we looked a year ago. That doesn't mean UGA will win, but I do sometimes think some here are a tad too over-sensitive to ANYONE who says anything nice about the opposition.

Georgia went 11-1 in the SEC. Say what you want about who they played, but that's doggone impressive. Sure, they got smoked by South Carolina. But 11-1 is still 11-1.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
My two cents--Georgia's starting 22 are one of the very few teams that are on an equal footing with us in talent. We will not be able to 'out-talent' them, it will come down to coaching and execution. For Bama, I really think the game hinges on two things--IF our D that played the first 8 games shows up and we can hit the dawgs squarely in the mouth at the outset, I really like our chances Also, IF we can rush for over 100 yds, I say we probably win the game. An interesting stat that you might not be aware of, under Saban we are 49-0 when our O rushes for over 150yds. OTOH, if the game stays tight and we fail to establish the run between the tackles, and the same D of the last 4 games shows up, I think the outcome favors Georgia.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
The thing I'd be most worried about is giving up big plays in the passing game.... specifically Belue. I don't think he can cover Tavarres King or Malcolm Mitchell if we're not getting pressure on Murray.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
He's a d-bag that's disliked Alabama for as long as I can remember. A lot of those people at CBS sports can't stand Alabama and basically root against us in every big game we play.
There's not an inaccurate statement in that entire column. In fact, it repeats what many of us have been saying about Georgia for years. This is their best shot. They may not get another for a long time. They have underachieved for almost 30 years. That's what Dodd wrote, not because he hates Alabama, but because it's true.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Seems like every media type ive listened to or read today is picking Georgia.

Whats funny, is when they start telling why they pick Georgia.

Most if them go on and on about Murry being the nations best in passing efficiency, yet no one wants to talk about AJ having almost the same passing efficiency rating.

I mean, if it's so great that Murry has a good rating, why not AJ ?

Then they seem to knock us down for losing to A&M, yet don't even mention Georgias ugly loss to USCe LOL.

The funniest one i saw was Lou Holtz, he picked Georgia to beat us and then said it didn't really matter because Nutter Dumb was going to lay waste to whoever showed up in Miami.
LOL, that guy really is an old fool at this point.

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City
I started a thread last weekend asking when Pat Dye would say "They are not man enough to beat Bama". Like he did in 2003. Now they are using someone else to do the very same thing. This is getting old and as a BAMA player they are starting to .... me off!:BigA::BigA::BigA:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Yeah everyone who seems to be picking the dawgs say something about AJ like he won't have a good game or they are taking Murray in this one. IDK but I think he will have a seller game. Murray is what 1-10 vs. top 25 teams in his career?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Passing efficiency makes you the leading passer? Goodness gracious, IIRC, Mike Shula and Danny Woodson quarterbacked us and spent various times at the top or close to the top of that list.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.