Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Atlanta radio host and former UGA QB Buck Belue: "Barrett Jones overrated"

I haven't really heard as much gum flapping from an opponent in a long time. At this point, just a plain ol' Georgia victory wouldn't live up to their smack talk.

I mean, they've got better plays at every position and every one of our guys is overrated to boot.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Evidently our team and everybody on it is over rated.

Barrett? Over rated.

Our defense leads the nation in total and scoring defense and they're over rated..

Our offense averages what? 39 per game?? and they're over rated.

Some have even said that Saban is over rated which is without question the stupidest comment I've ever heard made in football.

Two of the last three national titles?? Over Rated

Defensive line had more sacks than Georgia or Florida. Over rated

59-7 record since 2008. Over rated.

I figure if we beat Georgia and then Notre Dame for our third national title in four seasons that we'll probably be the most over rated team in the BCS era!!!

sip

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm just about tired of Georgia. I'm done with rationally picking them...time to irrationally hope Alabama beats them worse than 2008.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Evidently our team and everybody on it is over rated.

Barrett? Over rated.

Our defense leads the nation in total and scoring defense and they're over rated..

Our offense averages what? 39 per game?? and they're over rated.

Some have even said that Saban is over rated which is without question the stupidest comment I've ever heard made in football.

Two of the last three national titles?? Over Rated

Defensive line had more sacks than Georgia or Florida. Over rated

59-7 record since 2008. Over rated.

I figure if we beat Georgia and then Notre Dame for our third national title in four seasons that we'll probably be the most over rated team in the BCS era!!!

sip
    I can take that kind of overrating. Reading the UGA boards is sort of bizarro world. The vast majority feel that they're going to steamroller us. There're few who even think it'll be a game. I've never seen such a cocky fan base, especially being substantial underdogs. I hope the fans' attitudes have seeped into the team's psyches...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by HartselleTider View Post
    He's overrating the wrong Jones at center.... he's confusing Barrett for Ben Jones off last year's UGA squad.

Honestly, I'm shocked that this team can ever move the football, much less beat anybody considering the influx of overrated players Saban has stockpiled.

You'd think a Georgia team that's as talented as they say they are wouldn't get blown out by 4 TD's to South Carolina or give up almost 500 yards of offense and 44 points to Tennessee, or struggle to beat Kentucky.
    Two of their best players were suspended for the South Carolina game.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I haven't really heard as much gum flapping from an opponent in a long time. At this point, just a plain ol' Georgia victory wouldn't live up to their smack talk.

I mean, they've got better plays at every position and every one of our guys is overrated to boot.
    Georgia fans are like this all of the time.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    I don't think so. Georgia had everyone back at that point. I think Rambo and Ogletree each had a game under their belt to boot. They just got whooped on the offensive line and that game was over about as soon as it started.

Post Thanks / Like

Georgia fans are like this all of the time.
    yes they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I can take that kind of overrating. Reading the UGA boards is sort of bizarro world. The vast majority feel that they're going to steamroller us. There're few who even think it'll be a game. I've never seen such a cocky fan base, especially being substantial underdogs. I hope the fans' attitudes have seeped into the team's psyches...
    Welcome to my world.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Judging from the players' own comments, they have.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    yes they are.
    Good Lord don't i know it.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Earle, I've noticed over the years that teams and fans of those teams who trash talk or smack talk like Georgia has are hiding a secret fear that their going to get their butts handed to them once the game starts...lol

The last time I remember so much smack was from the Miami Hurricanes and their fan base before we showed them how to play football in the 92 Sugar Bowl.

sip

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

No they weren't. Rambo and Ogletree came back the week before against Tennessee... when they gave up almost 500 yards and 44 points to a team Bama never let breathe.