Bowl Pecking Order Taking Place: TAMU likely to the Capital One Bowl

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
'Bama falls to the Outback? Sounds right, I'm afraid. Looks like the Capital One isn't going to pass a up new team and the Heisman Trophy winner, and while we would normally be the choice of the Cotton, they aren't going to take us when we just played in Jerryland four months ago. They'll take LSU and that will kick us down to the Outback against someone like Northwestern.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Well the Cap One is most likely going to invite Michigan from the Big Ten as the SEC opponent and Lord forbid should we lose Saturday that match up wouldn't really light my Christmas Tree.

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Alasippi, I've gained a lot of respect for your opinion over the past few years, but do you really think that any bowl would want a rematch of this year's Alabama/Michigan game? I'd almost rather see us play Northwestern. In an alternate universe where Alabama happens to lose tomorrow, is that bowl game really the likely scenario?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Unless something has changed...I believe the Sugar Bowl would take tomorrows loser. We can get 2 in if we have 1 in Miami.
florida is guaranteed a bcs bowl as long as they remain in the top 4. Chances are if UGA wins we drop below UF, therefore we are shut out of the BCS. I agree with aTm to the Cap1 Bowl. When we beat UGA I see the SEC Bowl situation unfolding as:

BAMA- BCS
UF- Sugar
aTm- Cap 1
UGA- Outback
LSU- Cotton
SC- Peach
who cares about the rest...

Should UGA win, and they wont...

UGA- BCS
UF- Sugar
aTm- cap1
SC -Outback (traditionally like as SEC E team.. Yes, i know we've played there before...
Cotton- BAMA or LSU.. Issue for Cotton is we kicked off season there and LSU does next year.
Peach-Bama or LSU.. Seeing we Kickoff 2013 there, and just played there a month earlier, Peach may push for LSU.

Last edited:

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
'Bama falls to the Outback? Sounds right, I'm afraid. Looks like the Capital One isn't going to pass a up new team and the Heisman Trophy winner, and while we would normally be the choice of the Cotton, they aren't going to take us when we just played in Jerryland four months ago. They'll take LSU and that will kick us down to the Outback against someone like Northwestern.
A pretty good LB will have something to say about that...

In all seriousness, TAMU will DESTROY scUM in the Cap bowl. Even with Gardner at the helm, Michigan will get blown out. Unfortunately, no bowl is going to have a repeat of 'bama UM. It just won't happen.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
6 teams in the top 10 could result in an unprecedented drop for the loser of the SECCG, we have established that. Alabama will fair better than Georgia with a loss. And I agree that the 1st non BCS pick would most definitely be the team ranked in the top 10, Slayed the Bama Dragon, has the Heisman Winner, took the league by surprise and has an incredible fanbase in aTm. Bama will go Cotton with a close loss. But our assistant coaches and their special teams will be the deciding factor in a Bama victory.

Georgia loss

Sugar - Florida
Capital One- aTm
Cotton - LSU
Outback - SC
Chick-fil-A - Georgia

Bama Loss

Sugar - Florida
Capital One- aTm
Cotton - Alabama
Outback - LSU
Chick-fil-A -South Carolina
Gator - Miss State

Last edited:
6 teams in the top 10 could result in an unprecedented drop for the loser of the SECCG, we have established that. Alabama will fair better than Georgia with a loss. And I agree that the 1st non BCS pick would most definitely be the team ranked in the top 10, Slayed the Bama Dragon, has the Heisman Winner, took the league by surprise and has an incredible fanbase in aTm. Bama will go Cotton with a close loss. But our assistant coaches and their special teams will be the deciding factor in a Bama victory.

Georgia loss

Sugar - Florida
Capital One- aTm
Cotton - LSU
Outback - SC
Chick-fil-A - Georgia

Bama Loss

Sugar - Florida
Capital One- aTm
Cotton - Alabama
Outback - LSU
Chick-fil-A - Georgia
Gator - South Carolina
Music City - Miss State
Alabama is not going to the Cotton Bowl with a loss.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.