Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Chuck Oliver's two points for UGA fans

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    I know but I keep hearing it. The UGA fans are very braggadocios. Is this common for them? If so, why?
    i've been asking this for 20 years now. still have not come up with a good answer
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Catfish's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    They are the most delusional fans in CFB. And the least knowledgeable.
    True. The look at themselves historically as Bama. With a resume` to back it up that doesn't even match Tennessee.
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

They are a weird bunch, no doubt. They're like the unloved wife who psychotically dons her prom dress every weekend and publicly thumbs her nose at her other married friends. Sick, sad, weird stuff.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They had their Cam moment with Herschel Walker in the early eighties. They have not achieved really much outside a couple of conference championships since then. Without Herschel, we would not really think that highly of Coach Dooley.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

UGA fans aren't terrible. They do have way too high expectations though. We're going to go hang with a bunch of em soon. This is going to be fun. They are not like LSU fans who are mostly miserable. The King (Chuck Oliver) is maybe the most knowledgeable College Football analyst in the business (it sucks that he's an Aubie but I call it like I see it). He is a Nick Saban fan -- not a Bama fan.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bourbon View Post
    They are a weird bunch, no doubt. They're like the unloved wife who psychotically dons her prom dress every weekend and publicly thumbs her nose at her other married friends. Sick, sad, weird stuff.
    Hah hah!! Very close but a little harsh. Man you had me laughing with this one.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS