Chuck Oliver's two points for UGA fans

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
This afternoon on 680 The Fan in Atlanta, Chuck Oliver, the aubie, had two points for UGA fans picking UGA.

"One. Nick Saban is gonna be there."

"Two. Johnny Manziel ain't."

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I know Chuck is usually the aubie homer, but being that he grew up in ATL I've never picked up on any Alabama hate from him. He has been very fair all week.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
There is a line of thought that seems to be growing among UGA fans who are saying "UGA's defense this year is just like Bama's last year".

I'm no Saban but I sure don't think the Ones on Bama's D last year would give up 44 points to the 2012 UT squad. Just sayin.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
There is a line of thought that seems to be growing among UGA fans who are saying "UGA's defense this year is just like Bama's last year".

I'm no Saban but I sure don't think the Ones on Bama's D last year would give up 44 points to the 2012 UT squad. Just sayin.
Alabama's D since 2008 against the Viles has only given up FORTY-EIGHT POINTS COMBINED in all those games - and if it wasn't for a late red zone fumble by the second string, that number would only be 41.

wisten

Hall of Fame
Apr 30, 2003
Gulf Shores, AL, USA

^ This.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
True, Jack. The fan base expects, better yet, demands that this team win the East due to its weak schedule and then they run around wailing like UGA has just played some star-crossed, wondrous season and it's their destiny to win the national championship. Fascinating lot, the Dawgs.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
It's schizophrenic. Go back and read the thousands of posts spewing hatred and contempt toward Richt after the SC game. Now he's Knute Rockne, with a better tan.

BamaQ

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Savannah, GA
Just a few weeks ago, Dawg fans were egging and rolling their quarterbacks home and demanding that their head coach and offensive coordinator be fired. Short memories I guess.

Although UGA does have a lot of talent (they usually do), Bama has equal talent and much better coaching. Better coaching = fewer mistakes = Bama wins.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
They are a weird bunch, no doubt. They're like the unloved wife who psychotically dons her prom dress every weekend and publicly thumbs her nose at her other married friends. Sick, sad, weird stuff.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
They had their Cam moment with Herschel Walker in the early eighties. They have not achieved really much outside a couple of conference championships since then. Without Herschel, we would not really think that highly of Coach Dooley.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
UGA fans aren't terrible. They do have way too high expectations though. We're going to go hang with a bunch of em soon. This is going to be fun. They are not like LSU fans who are mostly miserable. The King (Chuck Oliver) is maybe the most knowledgeable College Football analyst in the business (it sucks that he's an Aubie but I call it like I see it). He is a Nick Saban fan -- not a Bama fan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.