Question: Anybody hear Cecil Hurt interview on Finebaum this week?

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
I missed the weekly interview with Cecil. Anybody have any info on what he had to say about the championship game and how the team is preparing. I love hearing what he has to say. Thanks.

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004
I'm sure many realize this, but Cecil's picks are less Alabama football insight and more Alabama football history, as Cecil often picks a past score for the current game. 20-16 is the score of the '85 UA-UGA game (Shula to Bell). Of course, I suppose that pick is as good as any other. I'd take 20-16, but I'd like to be spared a last minute punt block by the Dawgs. RTR.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I'm sure many realize this, but Cecil's picks are less Alabama football insight and more Alabama football history, as Cecil often picks a past score for the current game. 20-16 is the score of the '85 UA-UGA game (Shula to Bell). Of course, I suppose that pick is as good as any other. I'd take 20-16, but I'd like to be spared a last minute punt block by the Dawgs. RTR.

Yeah, he metioned the game during his pick. I also don't want to rely on a last minute drive again. But if we win, I will take anything.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Maybe it was just me but Cecil sounded more confident that usual as he seems to not want to sound like a pure homer. Can't say that about other schools reporters.

Again it may just be my interpretation but he sounded like he knew more than he could say & Paul was having to pull information out but did not get much.

If you were locked in a room with Cecil & know one could leave till after the game my bet is he would say its going to be more like the NCG against LSU than any other game.

But I'm a homer & my be hearing what I want rather than listening.

bullit71

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 4, 2007
I'm picking Bama at 38-10. Four TD's by offense, one by defense, and a fieldgoal by Bama. Offense TD and fieldgoal by Georgia. :) RTR

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I miss the days when I could stroll across the street from my apartment and find Cecil sipping his ale on a bar stool at Egan's and talk with him about the team. A few times he was the only person in there. Just walk in and sit down and talk to a once in a half decade talent that's the ultimate authority on the Crimson Tide. 1991....that was a good year for me. Seems like yesterday when you think of profound events.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
My head says, as long as Bama has one more point than the dawgs at the end of the 4th, it's all good...
My heart says, it really needs to be over at halftime :eek:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.